Bull$#!+ in the world.

In germany the religion thing is easily handled : You can believe what you like and where you like, but just don't brag about it big time.

I kinda support this idea, since, face it, the morality and human rights as is is partially extracted from the bible or similar books. I would not

want to live in a world without any morality laid down for people.

Also, @ Topic :

German Television: Brainwash^25

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, @ Topic :

German Television: Brainwash^25

I dunno, I prefer watching my news on Die Tagesschau than any of the American networks I have access to. I can understand it just fine (Even if they speak a little too quickly for my second-language skills to pick up sometimes), and the news on the show looks more toward the grand scheme of things than my local news station.

I dunno, I prefer watching my news on Die Tagesschau than any of the American networks I have access to. I can understand it just fine (Even if they speak a little too quickly for my second-language skills to pick up sometimes), and the news on the show looks more toward the grand scheme of things than my local news station.

I know this feeling. Once you force yourself through watching half an hour of Fox News, any channel seems incredibly intelligent and interesting.

I kinda support this idea, since, face it, the morality and human rights as is is partially extracted from the bible or similar books. I would not

want to live in a world without any morality laid down for people.

Have you actually, you know, read the bible? It's by far one of the worst books to base your morality on.

We don't need a bronze-age myth to base our lives on. By selecting the better bits out of the horrible thing we've proven we are perfectly capable of deciding for ourselves.

Have you actually, you know, read the bible? It's by far one of the worst books to base your morality on.

We don't need a bronze-age myth to base our lives on. By selecting the better bits out of the horrible thing we've proven we are perfectly capable of deciding for ourselves.

-Ninja'd-

Along with it being a horrible book to base your morality on, it's been edited thousand of times to fit the current age; did you know that originally this "God" told Abraham to kill his own son, but in the orginal book he actually killed his son and now it's been edited to become less brutalized; how can you edit a book that's apparently non-fiction when you change an event to be more "family friendly".

...it's been edited thousand of times to fit the current age; did you know that originally this "God" told Abraham to kill his own son, but in the orginal book he actually killed his son and now it's been edited to become less brutalized...

This version is news to me. Got any basis for the claim whatsoever?

It's called research, Google, and books. I've researched hundreds of hours into this subject to form my own theory as unbiased as I can be. I know it's true, but I can't exactly find my source for it at this time (practicing guitar).

It's called research, Google, and books. I've researched hundreds of hours into this subject to form my own theory as unbiased as I can be. I know it's true, but I can't exactly find my source for it at this time (practicing guitar).

I'm familiar with how research works. I find, when stating a "fact" that literally billions of people believe to be utter fabrication, it's a good idea to have a credible source for the information. Otherwise, like I am doing now with you, I find you get discounted as a fraud or simply very misinformed.

I don't have evidence for it, but I do have an instance that is evidence against it. The "Dead Sea Scrolls" may be something you have heard of. If not, here's a link to the wikipedia page about it. In layman's terms, they are a set of scrolls and manuscripts from various biblical eras found all in one location, radiocarbon-dated, paleographically-dated, and they consist of mostly biblical texts and texts relating to some Jewish sects and their beliefs*.

All of the Old Testament books in the Bible were included except Esther (It is believed that this is because she was a Jew that married a Persian king and so was looked down upon during that time), and the texts are nearly identical to the Hebrew Bible today (They** were all written in Hebrew).

* From what I read and understand, these texts were from a BC era as opposed to the end of BC/Beginning of AD which we all know was around the birth of Christianity.

** They being the Biblical texts.

Edit: Added the link to 'wikipedia page'

I'm familiar with how research works. I find, when stating a "fact" that literally billions of people believe to be utter fabrication, it's a good idea to have a credible source for the information. Otherwise, like I am doing now with you, I find you get discounted as a fraud or simply very misinformed.

Well since it isn't exactly common knowledge it's like researching Black Holes, everyone believes one thing about it, but a certain few may know something new about them. In this case it's completly silenced by the religion because "It's bad PR".

-edit

Of course I realize I might be wrong, but that's just because of me never wanting to take sides when there's slight evidence. So if I am wrong, big whoop millions of people are wrong every day, it's just another way I need to research further.

Hidden

I don't have evidence for it, but I do have an instance that is evidence against it. The "Dead Sea Scrolls" may be something you have heard of. If not, here's a link to the wikipedia page about it.

Indeed.

Well since it isn't exactly common knowledge it's like researching Black Holes, everyone believes one thing about it, but a certain few may know something new about them. In this case it's completly silenced by the religion because "It's bad PR".

That's funny, because this is pretty much what every conspiracy theorist says about their pet topic. Go get some actual printed documentation, and I might begin to think about considering your side of the story.

Can we not make this thread into a religious debate? The thread has been carried away by that topic, and it's not really what the OP wanted to see posts on, at least I don't think.

I don't have evidence for it, but I do have an instance that is evidence against it. The "Dead Sea Scrolls" may be something you have heard of. If not, here's a link to the wikipedia page about it.

Indeed.

That's funny, because this is pretty much what every conspiracy theorist says about their pet topic. Go get some actual printed documentation, and I might begin to think about considering your side of the story.

Can we not make this thread into a religious debate? The thread has been carried away by that topic, and it's not really what the OP wanted to see posts on, at least I don't think.

How bought this?

Fucking magnets! How do people not understand how they work?

Strange that I didn't see updates of this thread at my alerts, but as long as it goes about something incredibly stupid* or hateful* in this world, it's okay.

*Religions are not counted.

Sounds good. Now that this has been a 5-page thread on religious debate (which will likely get us somewhere as fast as running no a treadmill, and no, not the kind with wheels on the bottom), there's plenty of other stupid stuff in the world, like this (also a Youtube video).

Edit: And no, I didn't double-post. I was responding to different threads.

Sounds good. Now that this has been a 5-page thread on religious debate (which will likely get us somewhere as fast as running no a treadmill, and no, not the kind with wheels on the bottom), there's plenty of other stupid stuff in the world, like this (also a Youtube video).

Edit: And no, I didn't double-post. I was responding to different threads.

I don't blame you for that. :)