Making an underwater city

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It works! You press c and poof! Bye bye water! Cheers Torezu, no more dirt placing for me! This cities gonna be made a billion times quicker!

I'm scared of it affecting the outside of my buildings, don't want to make a huge mess with water around being all funky, cause I have plans to add Ships and Boats mod once its released for SMP and 1.3.1 and tekkit is finally updated to this version (maybe I'll be 60 yrs old when that happens but who cares, Minecraft is so much addictive) would love to try the forcefield, but just not sure where to begin with that mod, will try to find tutorials but that seems to be hard cause there's 2 version of MFFS and both are different, so finding the tutorial that works with the Immibis version we have in tekkit could be a challenge.

I'm scared of it affecting the outside of my buildings, don't want to make a huge mess with water around being all funky, cause I have plans to add Ships and Boats mod once its released for SMP and 1.3.1 and tekkit is finally updated to this version (maybe I'll be 60 yrs old when that happens but who cares, Minecraft is so much addictive) would love to try the forcefield, but just not sure where to begin with that mod, will try to find tutorials but that seems to be hard cause there's 2 version of MFFS and both are different, so finding the tutorial that works with the Immibis version we have in tekkit could be a challenge.

Don't worry the volcanic amulet doesn't affect the outside, the water above just fills it in and there is no difference whatsoever. It definitely the quickest and best way to do it. And I can't wait for the ships and boats mod either. Hopefully the creator will add it to forge and SMP then Tekkit could add it because it's sooo much better than zeppelin. I've made a port on my city that purely aesthetic but if the ships and boats mod came out in tekkit my port would have a reason to exist and then I won't have to walk to get out of the city.

Good idea! The rooms I'm definitely going to add are:

A lounge which I'll probably do the way you said because it's a good idea :)

Two parks, one big one small

El's Corp factory (El's corp is the name of my ingame company,) which I'm building now. It's gonna take me ages though it's 96 blocks long and 35 blocks wide! I'll put a picture of it in the next thousand years when I've finished it! El's corp manufactures solar panels, quantum armour, nano armour, nukes and nano sabers.

A conference block where players can hold business meetings discussing trade and shares and things like that

A hospital block

A university

El's corp Offices (a huge tower going from the bottom of the sea to above the surface

An apartment block

A hotel

Loads of houses

A port where you can get boats and go to the surface

A wheat, surgarcane and pumpkin and melon farm all in separate domes.

The two domes you see on the pic are the spawn area and the shopping center.

And many other things, suggest some to me if you want and I'll build it, you'll have to wait a while though!

never forget a renforced glass bunker. one never knows when an innocent multinational corporation may become a target for atomics testing

Lol I wouldn't call my company innocent...but don't worry the whole factory is a bunker in it's self. But then the citizens...ah well they'll be fine

You got me some ideas, will have to add some buildings to my underwater city, just a quick question, at what level are your base starting underwater exactly, I'm at 43 for most of mine but not sure if deep enough for everything I plan to add there.

in that case perhaps you should innocently add a couple of ballistics analysis labs (sylos) in case we ever get lucky and this: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=2392 is added to the pack

That's one that can't be seriously added to any public servers, theses could do a hell of damages if used by noobs and griefers, already the forcefield cause some serious troubles to some server OPS they can't get pass the Forcefield of any players and actually no bukkit plugins can protect or override it if needed (to my current knowledge actually)

You got me some ideas, will have to add some buildings to my underwater city, just a quick question, at what level are your base starting underwater exactly, I'm at 43 for most of mine but not sure if deep enough for everything I plan to add there.

I'm not 100% sure, I've stopped working on mine today but I went to the deepest part of an ocean biome I could find

43 sounds alright though, as long as the surface looks fairly far away it seems to work, then again it all depends on the size of what your building, my domes for instance are only a few blocks away from the surface but they still look good so as long as it isn't past the water it'll be alright

That's one that can't be seriously added to any public servers, theses could do a hell of damages if used by noobs and griefers, already the forcefield cause some serious troubles to some server OPS they can't get pass the Forcefield of any players and actually no bukkit plugins can protect or override it if needed (to my current knowledge actually)

Yeah I have to agree, nukes and reactors are bad enough greifing tools but then you could disable them easily and theyll be good for nuclear wars

I could use them on innocent business's on the surface mwah hah hah *choke

You know what to make? A huge hangar with one of those nuclear submarines of the US army. You can build your nuclear reactors in there and use your nukes as the nuclear warheads. But if you want to place your reactors in a dome instead, then you can design the dome with reïnforced stone and yellow lamps to have a nuclear sign on it, indicating that that is where the nuclear reactors are.

You know what to make? A huge hangar with one of those nuclear submarines of the US army. You can build your nuclear reactors in there and use your nukes as the nuclear warheads. But if you want to place your reactors in a dome instead, then you can design the dome with reïnforced stone and yellow lamps to have a nuclear sign on it, indicating that that is where the nuclear reactors are.

Thats a brilliant idea! I was thinking of adding subs at the port but missiles and reactors ha! Goodbye earth

Here a few other things I'm going to add to the city

A jail for criminal players

A personal dock to the factory

A house for me!

An industrial alarm which I can set off I'd there's a leak, a meltdown or a criminal on the loose so all you minecraft serial killers our there you're not welcome in Haven

Oh yeah I've decided to name the city Haven

A lab called El's laboratories

I got worldguard and essentials (take a look at Essentials config you can quickly get rid of creepers damage to the world, theses aren't fun on tekkit server, especially in a underwater city that could be a real problem there) , those are real nice tools to have on hand, my underwater city is free from any monster spawning thanks to worldguard, I don't have to fill the place with torches so I can place the RP2 lamps where I want them and not worry about surprise monsters spawning everywhere.

For the noclip, maybe its not a bad idea, would it work through Forcefields, that would solve some problems for some admins, lucky for me my server is a strict family private server, seeing how hard it is to maintain a public one, I don't have time for this, I want to play the game and not worry about griefers and such.

Sounds good but does anyone know where to get a plugin that puts human npcs in the game

I went on a server once and there were people everywhere saying stuff like "diamond swords two for one!" things like that

Also does iConomy add chest shops or is that an extra plugin

And does anyone know where to get redpower tutorials I know how everything works in it but I have no idea where or how to implement it