Skuli

Let's test Tekkit 1.2.10c beta!

134 posts in this topic

Tekkit Main:
http://technicservers.com/search?game=tekkit&sort=players/desc

Tekkit Legends
http://technicservers.com/search?game=tekkit-legends&sort=players/desc

At the time of writing, there are a total of 7 people playing on Legends servers, compared to 41 on Tekkit Main servers.  I tried looking at the numbers on other voting sites as well but unfortunately the "Tekkit" filter on the others I checked was inclusive of Main, Lite, Legends and Classic.

The numbers pretty much speak for themselves.  Of course, we're comparing Tekkit servers that have been around for much longer than Legends has existed, but obviously these servers haven't been in a hurry to update to Legends.

I hate to say I told you so.  I've spoken to a few server admins as well and they've made it clear there is no interest to convert to Legends and they've been waiting for an update to Main for a long time.

Of course, the numbers of people playing single player can't be counted here, but I think the multiplayer numbers are a fairly representative figure of what people want.

Of course, the numbers of people playing single player can't be counted here, but I think the multiplayer numbers are a fairly representative figure of what people who want to play on a server want.

Fixed that for you.
Apparently single-player is still the more popular, based on the stats posted earlier.

Also, you clearly don't hate to say you told us so. The smugness dripping from the post is indicative of that.

EDIT: Hold on. You're that guy! I thought you could do better than to be part of our forums? Well, doesn't matter. Welcome back!

Edited by Melfice

Actually, I do hate saying I told you so, because generally my advice and contributions aren't completely blown off and as a result, I never really need to say I told you so.

However, yes, I am a bit smug.  I am accustomed to being right and the attitude I witnessed on here has given me reason to revel in it this time.

And yes, I can do better than to be a part of these forums, I just had to drop in and gloat.  Bye!

Seriously though, there are plenty of people itching for an update to Tekkit Main...  A lot of them because they want Galacticraft updated (Goodness knows why!).  I'm sure that a well put-together package would be very well-received and will probably overtake Legends.  I'm happy to be proven wrong though :).

However, yes, I am a bit smug.  I am accustomed to being right and the attitude I witnessed on here has given me reason to revel in it this time.

Hoo, boy.
That's a mighty fine steed you're riding. But you'd better dismount, though.

Tekkit Main:
http://technicservers.com/search?game=tekkit&sort=players/desc

Tekkit Legends
http://technicservers.com/search?game=tekkit-legends&sort=players/desc

At the time of writing, there are a total of 7 people playing on Legends servers, compared to 41 on Tekkit Main servers.  I tried looking at the numbers on other voting sites as well but unfortunately the "Tekkit" filter on the others I checked was inclusive of Main, Lite, Legends and Classic.

Ah, yes. Unofficial server listings. Clearly a more reliable source of information to judge this off of than the people who have direct access to all the actual statistics.

I hate to say I told you so.  I've spoken to a few server admins as well and they've made it clear there is no interest to convert to Legends and they've been waiting for an update to Main for a long time.

I hope they enjoy waiting.

Can't handle the truth?

I miss your Rimmer avatar.

I think you are mistaking me with somebody else.