Let's test Tekkit 1.2.10c beta!

Skuli

Guys, I was wondering if it would be possible to add "QuarryPlus" mod into the new version of Tekkit. I personally think that it's not "OP" (crafting cost of the new additional items is reasonable), it would make tekkit even more fun. And it'll make all those who are annoyed by oil stopping their quarries really happy ^_~ .. I know that some of you will think that it'll "take the fun out of gathering materials"/ getting rid of the oil in quarries (which atm makes it a bit harder to get tons of items in short amount of time) but lets not forget that there's a lot of "OP" stuff in Tekkit at the moment and those who do not like it simply won't use it. Nothing will change, a lot of people play tekkit without using available "OP" machines in the game.

What are your thoughts about it?

If.. and I say if the new version will be out, it will probably contain Extra Utilities 1.1.0k or above so the fluids in your quarry pit will not be a problem (Ender quarry pump upgrade)

• 2 months later...

For those that are interested 

Quote from Iskan_Dar (From link above - Thanks bochen415)

Sorry. Hexxit II will be out sometime very shortly. As for Tekkit it is nearly done, but I haven't been given the go ahead to push it out the door. Supposedly all it needs is a final polishing and someone else is tackling that. Shrug.

Edited by M00SE80

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Who's in charge of the Technic pack? I cannot understand that it takes this long for it to get updated.. Heck, if I didn't have anything to do I'd learn Java within a month and update this myself.. IMO This whole thing feels so irresponsible and unprofessional ..  idk

Who's in charge of the Technic pack? I cannot understand that it takes this long for it to get updated.. Heck, if I didn't have anything to do I'd learn Java within a month and update this myself.. IMO This whole thing feels so irresponsible and unprofessional ..  idk

​You don't need to learn Java.

Go for it. Update the pack!

• 2 months later...

It's been a little while since our last update, but I've rolled up some newer mods that should help resolve some long-standing bugs with the 1.2.9e version.

The biggest changes here are to Galacticraft, Computercraft, Bigreactors, and switching Redstone in Motion to the newly updated Remain in Motion fork.  We've also tossed in a new BigReactors build, and other Computercraft-related mods should be at their latest (and CC 1.63) compatible versions.

The server is available here.

As always, back up your current world/server before upgrading!  To use this version, configure the Tekkit pack to either always use latest builds or to manually select the 1.2.10c build.

This should fix a number of outstanding bugs with crashing tesseracts and Galacticraft blocks, and some Carpenter's Blocks crash bugs should be squashed as well.  Let me know if any Computercraft components/integrations stop working or crash due to the 1.63 update.

The complete list of updated mods from 1.2.9e (and their versions) are as follows:

bigreactors-0.3.4A2.jar 
carpenter's blocks v3.2.6 - MC 1.6.4.zip 
computercraft1.63.jar 
equivalentexchange3-1.6.4-0.1.142.jar 
galacticraft-1.6.4-2.0.14.1084.jar 
galacticraft-planets-1.6.4-2.0.14.1084.jar 
micdoodlecore-1.6.4-2.0.14.1084.jar 
openccsensors-1.6.4.4.jar 
openmodslib-0.5.1.jar 
openperipheraladdons-0.1.5.jar 
openperipheralCore-0.4.1.jar 
remaininmotion_1.2.0.zip
thermalexpansion-3.0.0.7.jar

How do I run the server you linked? I've downloaded it now not sure what's next to do with it!

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Tekkit Legends doesn't have Applied Energistics or Thermal Expansion.  While it might appeal to fans of Tekkit Classic, I know that a lot of people who play Tekkit Main aren't interested.

1.3 million runs and 480k installs. That's the statistics on Legends I got from CanVox.

That's more than Tekkit main and Classic combined. So your "I know a lot of people" doesn't really add up here

But eh, what would I know?  Obviously your statistics are against me.  I only listen to what the players say :)

Oh, you work for Mojang, then? Community manager? Something like that?
Or did you mean to say "I only listen to what an unrepresentative amount of players say".

Not much! You're showing that much, at least!
We have representative statistics on the amount of runs.

Tekkit Legends is blowing Classic and (Space) not only out of the water, but out of the atmosphere in terms of runs and installs.
That seems highly representative of what's going on.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of course, the numbers of people playing single player can't be counted here, but I think the multiplayer numbers are a fairly representative figure of what people who want to play on a server want.

Fixed that for you.
Apparently single-player is still the more popular, based on the stats posted earlier.

Also, you clearly don't hate to say you told us so. The smugness dripping from the post is indicative of that.

EDIT: Hold on. You're that guy! I thought you could do better than to be part of our forums? Well, doesn't matter. Welcome back!

Edited by Melfice

However, yes, I am a bit smug.  I am accustomed to being right and the attitude I witnessed on here has given me reason to revel in it this time.

Hoo, boy.
That's a mighty fine steed you're riding. But you'd better dismount, though.

Tekkit Main:
http://technicservers.com/search?game=tekkit&sort=players/desc

Tekkit Legends
http://technicservers.com/search?game=tekkit-legends&sort=players/desc

At the time of writing, there are a total of 7 people playing on Legends servers, compared to 41 on Tekkit Main servers.  I tried looking at the numbers on other voting sites as well but unfortunately the "Tekkit" filter on the others I checked was inclusive of Main, Lite, Legends and Classic.

Ah, yes. Unofficial server listings. Clearly a more reliable source of information to judge this off of than the people who have direct access to all the actual statistics.

I hate to say I told you so.  I've spoken to a few server admins as well and they've made it clear there is no interest to convert to Legends and they've been waiting for an update to Main for a long time.

I hope they enjoy waiting.