Let's test Tekkit 1.2.10c beta!

Skuli

The future of server admins? Bukkit, Cauldron and Spigot were DMCA'd. Bukkit is discontinued as we know it. Cauldron is announced dead. Spigot is fighting.

They do not exist for the time being and anyone who uses them (millions of users worldwide) are out of luck. Spigot came out of it without much harm.

LexManos is planning to add Bukkit-ish functionality to Forge.

This is how the future looks now. License shitstorm. (Sorry for the language - have no better way to describe it)

Edited by bochen415

• 4 weeks later...

Tekkit for 1.7 should be around the corner as almost every mod has a 1.7 update. ComputerCraft was just updated a week ago and ChickenBones has been updating all his mods recently.

However, several of the mods seem to be still in beta for 1.7. They are as listed:

-Thermal Expansion

-Redstone Arsenal

-Minefactory Reloaded

-Nether Ores

-Galacticraft

-MFFS

-Resonant Induction (Which seems to be the replacement for Atomic Science.)

-Equivalent Exchange 3

-Modular Powersuits

The only mods that currently do not seem to have a 1.7 version are:

-Dimensional Doors  (Have not seen any activity from the modder about a 1.7 version.)

-Vending Machine Blocks

-OpenCCSensors

-Open Peripherals

NOTE: I may not be 100% accurate, so let me know if I need to correct anything I said.

Edited by Entripic

Virtually nothing has been announced yet, so I'm not so sure about what is and is not around the corner. I guess some resources have been bound over here for a while now, so maybe there will be more manpower for Tekkit again at some point.

What we require first is a definite 1.6.4-based update that collects all the bugfixes and delivers a stay-that-way version in the vein of Tekkit Classic. I repeat my earlier notice that Simply Jetpacks absolutely needs that update to 0.1.4.1 (from 0.1.4) to fix the crashing bug in singleplayer mode. Upgrading it to 0.3.1.1 right away may be better because of the significant improvements the mod received. It should be a pain-free upgrade because no placeable blocks are added, and it offers the urgently needed alternative to the failing MPS. I have been using 0.3.1.1 for a while now and it works very well. Got my Enderium-plated jetpack, complete with vanilla enchantments. No more MPS for me.

As for 1.7 versions, last time I checked there were still key components missing, like that Thermal Expansion sub-mod that will deliver the new pipe system.

Edited by Curunir

ForgeMulipart was updated and it's not crashing any more with any Forge version.

I'm wondering about the TE3 update asiekierka said will get rid of the fluiduct bugs and maybe the dupe bugs in TE3 for a stable 1.6.4 version

Edit: 4 days later

Now I'm starting to think asiekierka is trolling big time.

Edited by bochen415

• 2 weeks later...

Hey so I've tried reading through this thread but I'm a bit confused. Is 1.2.10c going to be the last build for 1.6.4? I'm waiting for the recommended build for 1.6.4 so we can update our things, as we want the newer version of galacticraft to fix some bugs we're having (rockets disappearing after crafting).

Some sort of devblog once a week or a month would be cool, I don't really care that you guys aren't working full time on Tekkit, I just want to know you're working on it and what's being done. I know devblogs are time consuming, so it's up to you guys but I'm pretty sure it would be a plus to the community

Edited by Niverton

The time spent on such a blog is time not spent working on Tekkit, so this seems a bit counterproductive. But a rough roadmap would be nice, which could be done completely without giving any fixed dates.

More generally, a project like Tekkit needs to do a bare minimum of communication and - dare I say it - community management to keep its users. Which has not been happening in my view.

To put it bluntly, right now it looks like Tekkit is largely an abandoned project. No news for half a year, only very small fixes that were apparently done by poor Skuli alone, and no information whatsoever if anybody even plans on making a 1.7 version.

The TPPI launch would have been an excellent opportunity to drop a one-liner on what you intend to do next. Just a short "next up: Tekkit goes to 1.7 - and don't you dare ask for an ETA" would have been infinitely better than silence.

Reading the hexxit release notes I noticed that almost all mods were updated to 1.7.10....

In tekkit we have the lack of the Thermal Expansion ducts in 1.7.10 so I wonder... Will EnderIO be added to tekkit as the new king of pipes?

Okay so I think maybe my question got lost. 1.2.10c, is this intended to be the last 1.6.4 release for Tekkit? What are the plans for 1.6.4 Tekkit, and is 1.2.10c final, or whatever?

As I have mentioned a few times now, we want to update Galacticraft to fix a bug we are actually experiencing, and updating in piece-meal doesn't work for us. As such a change from say 1.2.9e to 1.2.10(something) we could handle, I'm just not sure if 1.2.10c is the last one for 1.6.4, etc.

Please advise? :)

Oh, and thanks for your help everyone.

Looks like Skuli is actually working on Tekkit, according to his Hexxit update discussion. Finally, some news!

Hey everybody, I know it's been AGES since I updated the Hexxit beta, but here it is, finally.  Version 3.0.0c is being pushed to recommended very shortly.  Test the HECK out of this while I work on Tekkit updates

-Skuli

There is some hope after all.

Edited by Entripic

I looks like it. :( It's a horror to do this things alone.

Edit: I've been asking around some active tekkit subforum users that I see often here... This doesn't look good. Everybody's fading away (another packs, another launchers, quit playing at all etc.)

Edited by bochen415

If Tekkit wants to stay relevant, the pack needs to make a case for itself.

In the still-current iteration, it was the focus on Galacticraft, which I personally found not that brilliant - mostly because I dislike Galacticraft a lot. A renewed Tekkit would first need to adapt the must-have newer tech mods like Mekanism. Then take a good look at non-tech stuff and decide which of these mods actually add fun gameplay and should be kept or expanded on, and which should be dropped. For example, I think that Mystcraft is a non-tech mod that adds much to the game, while DimensionalDoors is essentially useless and tends to corrupt world saves. And so on.

That is much work, and I wonder if the project has the manpower to even start it.

Edited by Curunir