Let's test Tekkit 1.2.10c beta!

Skuli

It's been a little while since our last update, but I've rolled up some newer mods that should help resolve some long-standing bugs with the 1.2.9e version.

The biggest changes here are to Galacticraft, Computercraft, Bigreactors, and switching Redstone in Motion to the newly updated Remain in Motion fork.  We've also tossed in a new BigReactors build, and other Computercraft-related mods should be at their latest (and CC 1.63) compatible versions.

The server is available here.

As always, back up your current world/server before upgrading!  To use this version, configure the Tekkit pack to either always use latest builds or to manually select the 1.2.10c build.

This should fix a number of outstanding bugs with crashing tesseracts and Galacticraft blocks, and some Carpenter's Blocks crash bugs should be squashed as well.  Let me know if any Computercraft components/integrations stop working or crash due to the 1.63 update.

The complete list of updated mods from 1.2.9e (and their versions) are as follows:

bigreactors-0.3.4A2.jar 
carpenter's blocks v3.2.6 - MC 1.6.4.zip 
computercraft1.63.jar 
equivalentexchange3-1.6.4-0.1.142.jar 
galacticraft-1.6.4-2.0.14.1084.jar 
galacticraft-planets-1.6.4-2.0.14.1084.jar 
micdoodlecore-1.6.4-2.0.14.1084.jar 
openccsensors-1.6.4.4.jar 
openmodslib-0.5.1.jar 
openperipheraladdons-0.1.5.jar 
openperipheralCore-0.4.1.jar 
remaininmotion_1.2.0.zip
thermalexpansion-3.0.0.7.jar

Are you aware that BigReactors 0.4 is out? It's still a release candidate, but the feature list looks tasty.

You did not include the Simply Jetpacks hotfix 0.1.4.1, which was mentioned (and linked) in this ticket as the solution to that crash in singleplayer mode. Works very well, and the crash can be reproduced when running just 0.1.4.

Thermal Expansion already was on 3.0.0.7.

Edited by Curunir

Are you aware that BigReactors 0.4 is out? It's still a release candidate, but the feature list looks tasty.

You did not include the Simply Jetpacks hotfix 0.1.4.1, which was mentioned (and linked) in this ticket as the solution to that crash in singleplayer mode. Works very well, and the crash can be reproduced when running just 0.1.4.

Thermal Expansion already was on 3.0.0.7.

yeah, I haven't gone through a complete update of mods yet. I wanted to knock out a few crash bugs, still going through the reports. I hadn't noticed a jetpacks bug in the issues list, I'll double-check.

Also, isn't Big Reactors 4 for 1.7.10?

I don't know about any new dependencies in BR 0.4 other than the COFH Core, which we already have. I think something major like 1.7.x dependency would be mentioned on the changelog. ErogenousBeef is not one to forget such things.

The Jetpacks issue is very strange, because it causes the Machinist's Workbench to crash the game, and in singleplayer mode only. I have used the 0.1.4.1 version on my client and local server for a few weeks, no issues since then.

Apologies, I just read the roadmap and changelog. The 1.7 dependecy was not mentioned there. Or I'm turning blind.

That being said, I am anticipating 1.7 quite a lot by now. If you decide to alpha-test a 1.7-based Tekkit version, I'm available as a guinea pig.

Good to know.... I know something that will change your mind. TE has no ducts for this time. You will need to go with another mod for energy/item/fluid pipes.

Other devs got a ton of new users because of this and some of them are working very hard to get BigReactors live and connected.

Edited by bochen415

I think starting to test a MC 1.7.10 version of tekkit would be better than working on another 1.6 update, many mods are updated now

Agree. Many mod authors decided to drop support for 1.6 with 1.7 releases.

I think starting to test a MC 1.7.10 version of tekkit would be better than working on another 1.6 update, many mods are updated now

When you say "many", do you mean "many"? Or do you mean "all"?

Because, unless there are signs the mod isn't going to be updated to 1.7.x, "all" is kinda a hard requirement. (unless Skuli decides to change things up)

I think this is more complicated as "many" or "all". Some have updated, some have beta versions, some are dead or changing names and for some of them the author took a different road in life than modding.

The above sentence is valid to any modpack going through Minecraft version update.

Edit: If someone decides to make an alpha 1.7.10 tekkit test - count me in. I've already made a private collection based on tekkit modlist and had posted a lot issues to the authors.

Edited by bochen415

Tekkit 1.2.10c Cauldron v1.965.21.182

Cant disable mmpowersuits leafblower,Plasma Gun,Lux Capacitors in the mmpowersuits.cfg eg: B:"Leaf Blower"=false wont work.

Can Disable Plasma Gun Land griefing by setting explosiveness to zero.

Cant seem to set power usage high enough for the leafblower to disable concurrent usage.

tldr: maybe somthing wrong with mmpowersuits or config

Edited by TetraD

I recall that we had recently somebody asking about disabling MPS items via config file, and it turned out that there are actually two config files used by MPS. Try finding the other one, and see if disabling stuff in there has the desired effect.

I recall that we had recently somebody asking about disabling MPS items via config file, and it turned out that there are actually two config files used by MPS. Try finding the other one, and see if disabling stuff in there has the desired effect.

Thanks! found it! minecraft/config/machinemuse/powersuits.cfg        

Its a duplicate file, took forever to find.

Its still odd that these BOTH in one way or another can control the mod though, counter-intuitive....

Further Shenanigans!

The B:Leafblower=true line is missing from the machinemuse.cfg so you still cant properly nix it.

The fix is copying B:Leafblower=false from the first file in to the second file to properly disable it.

Edited by TetraD

MPS is not a very clean or stable mod anyway, not even mentioning the horrible visual design. Not really surprising that it's a mess to configure.

Myself, I am not even using a Powersuit any more. Simply Jetpacks with enchanted Diamond Armour (except the Chestplate) works better for me.

MPS needs serious bug-fixing and cleaning-up. Maybe the 1.7 transition will bring that.

MPS is not a very clean or stable mod anyway, not even mentioning the horrible visual design. Not really surprising that it's a mess to configure.

Myself, I am not even using a Powersuit any more. Simply Jetpacks with enchanted Diamond Armour (except the Chestplate) works better for me.

MPS needs serious bug-fixing and cleaning-up. Maybe the 1.7 transition will bring that.

This is the sad part: there's no news about MPS being updated or worked on.

I woudln't mind MPS being removed from Tekkit, it's expensive, a real pain to craft, and not fun at all. The jetpack was the only thing interesting, and now we have Simply Jetpacks, which as better integration in Tekkit because uses TE and just look better

I for one Actually like mmpowersuits ( for what little time we have left with it ) you know, besides the fact that its hard to configure. ( apparently )

Besides the fact that lux capacitors bypass claims ( griefprevention )

Besides the fact that leafblowers bypass claims ( griefprevention )

Besides the fact that attempting to recolor the powerfist usually disconnects you XD.

Edited by TetraD

From a server owner's perspective I NEVER liked EE anyway. Huge hassle,

and not only that. What little interest i've had has been whittled away by the incredibly long intervals between updates of the mod.

I probably wouldn't notice if it was removed.

Is Extra Utilities being considered for an update? We've been sitting on 1.0.2 for ages now, and several additions have been made since then.

I've been looking forward to use the Ender Quarry, so that I can leave the faltering carcass that is Buildcraft behind.

The 1.0.3c is available from some time now for 1.6.4...

Indeed. That is why I asked.

My inquiry was regarding its inclusion in the Tekkit pack.

I know I could just add it in myself, but I am motivationally challenged (can't be arsed) when it comes to such things.

Also, multiplayer.