Let's test Tekkit 1.2.10c beta!

Skuli

Personally love galacticraft and use mystcraft in my server (tekkit and now voltz) in gm mode only to spawn quarry or war worlds for people to enjoy the server further (make it impossible to make a bookbinder and stop the coruption of those worlds). Dimensional doors I normally remove. (use the stargate plugin to connect to those worlds so people can not get their hands on the books.)

• Moderators

I've moved along to a custom server that has many elements that Tekkit has, but added mekanism (which is awesome), minechem, and many extra utilities. It also has galacticraft, which I enjoy very much, it's quirkiness can often be overcome with other mod's tools. It's a 1.6.4 pack, but the mods it's composed of all seem to have a future.

So Skuli is alone working on both packs ?

I looks like it. :( It's a horror to do this things alone.

That is much work, and I wonder if the project has the manpower to even start it.

Don't forget that most of the technic peeps are working on the v3 launcher and v2 platform. I suspect we'll see more attention devoted to the modpacks once those other projects are up and running.

As for the lack of activity around Tekkit I suspect that mainly has to do with the lack of updates. Everyone is off trying out new shiny things like TPPI. Interest in Tekkit will pick up when a 1.7 version is released.

Hi guys, as you may know I'm the co-developer of Galacticraft working jointly with micdoodle8.

For the final 1.6.4 pack, we recommend version 2.0.14.1096 of Galacticraft.  Not version 2.0.14.1084.

Build #1096 has:

* fixed three bugs causing rare crashes in #1084

* corrected the Buildcraft and Thermal Expansion energy conversion ratios, in a default Galacticraft config file

* performance increase

* other small fixes

It would be good if the modpack makers would take note of this!  Also it would be good to add the block IDs of glass blocks from other mods - for example Hardened Glass - to the Galacticraft config for Sealable Block IDs.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any additional questions or requests.  We love the Tekkit modpack and are happy to help resolve any issues if the modpack makers want to get in touch.  (Best way is to PM me here or on http://forum.micdoodle8.com/)

If you love Galacticraft to be in modpacks, you should look into making your machines cooperate better with other mods. They cannot be automated properly, and I think your ore processing chain doesn't fit into the usual modpack gameplay at all. Take a look at CoFH Core and other essential factory mods, and try to be more of a teamplayer.

Of course these are not issues that can be addressed quickly, but you might take note of them going forward.

I applaud the fixes in build 1096, though, and I'm sure it will be included once anybody finds time to actually work on Tekkit again.

• 2 weeks later...

If you love Galacticraft to be in modpacks, you should look into making your machines cooperate better with other mods. They cannot be automated properly, and I think your ore processing chain doesn't fit into the usual modpack gameplay at all. Take a look at CoFH Core and other essential factory mods, and try to be more of a teamplayer.

Of course these are not issues that can be addressed quickly, but you might take note of them going forward.

I applaud the fixes in build 1096, though, and I'm sure it will be included once anybody finds time to actually work on Tekkit again.

Thanks for pointers on those issues of concern.  We have made some machine automation improvements in GC3, but I will review this again before the next GC3 update.

Please explain what is meant by "ore processing chain doesn't fit into the usual modpack gameplay at all", I don't understand that one?  These days Galacticraft ores are all Oredict compatible (unfortunately it was not the case before around version 2.0.10) and the three standard metals (copper, tin, aluminum) should interact fully with other mods.  In GC3 we have also added intelligent metal block recipes, so 9 IC2 copper ingots will make an IC2 copper block, but 9 Galacticraft copper ingots will make a Galacticraft copper block.  In GC3 there is also a config option to set ores from any other mods to be added to the worldgen on Moon + Mars.

If there is a further thing which will help integration in 1.7.10 modpacks, we will happily include it but I need specifics please.

Our intention is that GC3 should integrate smoothly with IC2, Mekanism, Thermal Expansion, Buildcraft, or EnderIO.  (There are current issues with EnderIO2.2 because we built Galacticraft for compatibility with EnderIO2.0 not EnderIO2.2, but that will be fixed soon.)

Edited by radfast

Our intention is that GC3 should integrate smoothly with IC2, Mekanism, Thermal Expansion, Buildcraft, or EnderIO.  (There are current issues with EnderIO2.2 because we built Galacticraft for compatibility with EnderIO2.0 not EnderIO2.2, but that will be fixed soon.)

If that is your agenda, consider my comment void.

Looking at the (probably vastly outdated) GC build used in Tekkit, I noticed quite a few quirks and issues that mostly prohibited automation (see for reference the extreme measures >some users took to get it automated at all). This gave the overall impression that GC authors don't care overly much if their stuff works together with anybody else's mods or not. This was probably a false impression, given your statement. With the growing number of intricate tech mods accumulating in modpacks, it's essential that these mods work together to a certain degree and integrate into the greater whole. If you are committed to that, I have nothing to criticise.

Edited by Curunir

Hi im new to the forums on here but i just wanted to know if there will be a 1.7 version of tekkit? soon? and well 2 mods I do think tekkit needs is one tinker's construct, and archimedes ships! that would be amazing what do you all think? maby some more adventurer added to it to? like tekkit/ hekkit combind pack? now that would be epic

• Moderators

Hi im new to the forums on here but i just wanted to know if there will be a 1.7 version of tekkit? soon? and well 2 mods I do think tekkit needs is one tinker's construct, and archimedes ships! that would be amazing what do you all think? maby some more adventurer added to it to? like tekkit/ hekkit combind pack? now that would be epic

You haven't read the Forum Rules. Go read them '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

As for added mods: Tekkit is Tekkit. Tekkit is not Hexxit or Attack of the B-team.

People play Tekkit for the science, not for fighting goblins with magical sticks

• Moderators

Check out http://forums.technicpack.net/forum/63-platform-a-custom-server-zone/

There you will find custom modpacks that probably have what you're looking for. Many run 1.7.10 versions of mods. I'm on this one:

http://www.kittenwar.com/

It's less than a week old, everyone's getting a fresh start.

Edited by Munaus

Did someone ask you to advertise your server here?

OK wow brah just wanted to know if it would be cool if you would at at lest those mods they are can be in both hekkit and tekkit really they are really not just be for one> i just thought be cool to have them in tekkit really and wanted to know really if there was going to be a 1.7 and then you say you should go read the rules brah really..... you some forums Nazi?!? I don't think asking about an update or 2 if something be cool to add is aginst the rules. If so then these forums are a load of rubbish!. All i wanted was a  polite way of saying maybe ya maybe be cool to have but be better for sticking to the other pack. no i get a someone telling me you did not read the rules and a rude  response 

OK wow brah just wanted to know if it would be cool if you would at at lest those mods they are can be in both hekkit and tekkit really they are really not just be for one> i just thought be cool to have them in tekkit really and wanted to know really if there was going to be a 1.7 and then you say you should go read the rules brah really..... you some forums Nazi?!? I don't think asking about an update or 2 if something be cool to add is aginst the rules. If so then these forums are a load of rubbish!. All i wanted was a  polite way of saying maybe ya maybe be cool to have but be better for sticking to the other pack. no i get a someone telling me you did not read the rules and a rude  response 

I'm going to stop you right there.

Get a breath of fresh air or a drink of water and reread your comment.

• Moderators

This is pure gold. Like, really, brah. Pure, gold.

One area on our server was getting serious lag spikes, like 2-3 second freezes...

We finally tracked it down to Glowstone Glass Covers... it may be anything related to the Glowstone Glass block, we're not sure, but it's definitely caused by the Glowstone Glass Covers... ID: 25131:1

Unfortunately, MCEdit sees all Extra Utilities blocks as block ID 1281, so mass removal isn't going to work long term, but I did a mass replace on a backup, and the lag was gone.

You made a modded glowing glass block and then you... made it a multipart modded glowing glass block? Nice.

It's from Extra Utilities... they are really cool...  it's too bad about the issue.  Not entirely sure what it was, but it was killing clients with complete freeze-ups for 2-3 seconds.

Really nice looking... the windows here had a cross pattern made out of those panels:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/pDBbKjYBFizfkr_QMbtOcnUTrR5UrIQgndeCGyrQHQ=w1598-h829-no

If that is your agenda, consider my comment void.

Looking at the (probably vastly outdated) GC build used in Tekkit, I noticed quite a few quirks and issues that mostly prohibited automation (see for reference the extreme measures >some users took to get it automated at all). This gave the overall impression that GC authors don't care overly much if their stuff works together with anybody else's mods or not. This was probably a false impression, given your statement. With the growing number of intricate tech mods accumulating in modpacks, it's essential that these mods work together to a certain degree and integrate into the greater whole. If you are committed to that, I have nothing to criticise.

:)

We are absolutely committed to that in GC3, certainly since I joined the team which was March 2014.  Personally I love to automate when I play Minecraft, and although these days I mostly code instead of playing, I think it's very important that everything works in the way that players would expect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Guys, I was wondering if it would be possible to add "QuarryPlus" mod into the new version of Tekkit. I personally think that it's not "OP" (crafting cost of the new additional items is reasonable), it would make tekkit even more fun. And it'll make all those who are annoyed by oil stopping their quarries really happy ^_~ .. I know that some of you will think that it'll "take the fun out of gathering materials"/ getting rid of the oil in quarries (which atm makes it a bit harder to get tons of items in short amount of time) but lets not forget that there's a lot of "OP" stuff in Tekkit at the moment and those who do not like it simply won't use it. Nothing will change, a lot of people play tekkit without using available "OP" machines in the game.

What are your thoughts about it?