Energy Cells/Machines not charging equally?

Gomo

Hey guys,

Does anyone know why energy cells, dynamos etc do not charge/discharge equally (energy/liquid splitting up equally)?

Example: You have 10 energy cells connected to a quarry and only one of them will be discharging till it gets empty and then the next one starts.

Is there any way to fix this or is it supposed to work like this?              [This is in Multiplayer]

-kind regards-

Gomo

I think what you describe is the default Thermal Expansion logic. You are probably trying to power a Quarry with Hardened or Leadstone Cells and wonder why you only get the output of one Cell at any given time. You can only offset this limit by attaching the Cells to different sides of the machine, using different non-connecting Conduit paths - if the machine will accept that. I once powered a Quarry from left and right with a Hardened Energy Cell each, to supply 800 RF/t instead of just 400. Worked fine that way, but not when the Cells are attached from just one side, using one Conduit.

Edited by Curunir

It's not really about quarrys.. It's just annoying. (X amount of resonant energy cells in parallel connected via redstone conduit and when you power a hungry machine, it drains those energy cells one by one). Nothing game breaking ofc.

Well, you could ask team CoFH to change this behaviour, or add config options to change it yourself. But I don't think they will listen.

The first priority for the networks in Thermal Expansion has been efficiency and low lag, if I understood KingLemming correctly. Coming from there, I guess this is a core algorithm that is intentionally kept simple.

Edited by Curunir