how would i get rid of water in a qaurry?

Bonerfart

This was discussed, among other things, in my old >Quarry thread. It summarizes more or less like this:

1. Make sure you really want to remove it. Water will not disturb Quarry operation, although it may make manual interventions difficult (say, diving in to silk-touch certain ores). It is also vastly simpler to remove the water after the Quarry finished, as opposed to while it is running.

2. There are two main ways to remove water (three if you count Sponges, but those are only for small amounts): Filling in and pumping out. Filling in is straightforward, just drop Sand and/or Gravel in until all water is displaced. Then (re)start the Quarry to remove the filling material or simply leave it there. Pumping is rather difficult in the default config, because you would need massive amounts of pumps to fight against the water source blocks self-replenishing - the thing that also allows for infinite water sources. You can, however, disable this somewhere in config, so water behaves like lava or oil and does not replenish. This means a single pump will eventually drain it all, but also that regular infinite water sources won't work any more.

I'm with Curunir: Fill in the water sources with sand or gravel. You get plenty of either when running a Quarry anyway. I normally route the terrain blocks (dirt, cobble, sand, gravel, etc) to Deep Storage for that very purpose. Used to use Void Pipes to destroy them, but I got wise after a while and started saving them.

I also second the point about waiting until the quarry is done. You can always restart it after you've gotten rid of the undesirables.

The thing I hate most about quarries is oil. I'd remove it from the game if I could.

This is Galacticraft oil, which forms mostly underground. Buildcraft oil almost exclusively forms in desert and ocean biomes and tends to have surface geysers, you've probably seen them. It may be possible to disable Galacticraft oil in config and rely on the Buildcraft version entirely. You can do that when in singleplayer or on a server you have control over. The server and all clients must have matching settings in this case. You will also lose custom settings like this when upgrading the modpack via launcher, so you need to reapply them. But it's possible to do that.

Also note that those changes only apply to newly generated chunks.

Edited by Curunir

Thanks, Curunir. I suspected that was the case, but never tinkered with it. It's just annoying to have to deal with it, especially when you can't see while trying to fill it in. I have never used oil, and don't have that strong an interest in traveling to the moon, so it would be no great loss to me.

Naturally, a more appropriate solution would be to modify either the oil or the Quarry so that it no longer stops mining operations.

If you don't need the oil, displacing it with Sand or Gravel will work just as it works with water. The Quarry will take a while, but it will eventually notice the new blocks and move back to remove them.

Consider quarrying the Nether. You won't have to deal with oil there, but you need to fill the pit with a liquid that can deal with the occasional lava blocks. Gelid Cryotheum works, but I hear that Destabilized Redstone does the job just as well, with less side effects. Most Nether ores can be smelted to obtain regular versions, some can be pulverized directly. Note that this is also the easiest way to get Cinnabar - just smelt Nether Redstone and Pulverize the regular Redstone Ore that comes out of this.

the fastest way to remove water I found is using MFFS and building a huge force field with the sponge module applied, this will instantly remove all water inside the field...

while the sponge module only applies to lava and water, it may also be possible to remove other liquids by using the invert module, but I never tried this...

No. Why are you asking?

I have never used ComputerCraft. It's a toy for the small subset of modded Minecraft players that have coding knowledge, and I am not part of that. As for Redstone In Motion, I never liked it because it breaks some basic game principles, and very obviously so.