Please Add MoCreatures, It Has SMP Support Now!

So yeah Mo Creatures now has SMP support!! It's already in yogsbox and I think technic so it's addition in tekkit would be awesome! Please consider it and thanks for all of your great work with this launcher, it makes life so much eaiser! Here is the mo creatures link with the info on SMP:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/81771-v125-mo-creatures-v362-with-ostriches-fishbowls-and-smp-support/

It's fairly simple to add it to your own server, and have other people add it so they can join. It's probably still considered too unstable to add it to Tekkit, yet, though. Also, feel free to search for the other 5 or 6 threads that already mention this topic, you know, instead of starting your own.

His disclaimer seems kinda.... reluctant:

Disclaimer

This mod is the fruit of countless hours of work and effort. You download it for free as it is and I am not responsible for any damage done to your saved games. This mod can not be distributed in any other way than through this thread. You don't have the permission to distribute this mod through 'mod packages', installers or pluggins. A multiplayer pluggin is allowed as long as it requires you to download the unmodified single player mod to work. An installer can not host this mod, it must redirect the user to this thread. You can't modify or redistribute my mod without my written permission. Copyright © 2011 DrZhark.

The only package that can currently distribute this mod is the YogBox. Please do not PM or email me asking me for permission to add my mod to your modpack, the answer is 'No'

It used not to be in tekkit because of ModLoaderMP, which battered everything in the face every time.

I miss riding horses around.

EDIT : Sheeeeet that guy has his head up his arse for sure. Does he want people to use the SMP version or not??? (I recognise there will be servers having it, but not very many...)

Oh wow I didn't see that disclaimer, that last line is pretty crazy though if he already let it be added to yogbox I'd think he'd be open to it in tekkit since they both use the technic launcher. And yeah I miss the monsters from yogsbox, that and the mining town are my two favorite mods. I wish the minecraft devs would just purchase the mod from him already.

Okay, so here it is: Download the server bukkit port (find it in the list here) and drop it in your [server_folder]\mods folder. Each client should then go to the MineCraft Forums thread for MoC here and download the GUI Api, CustomMobSpawner, and of course the Mo' Creatures client. The CustomMobSpawner and client .zip files should go in their .techniclauncher\tekkit\mods folder, and the GUI Api needs to be dropped into the modpack.jar in their .techniclauncher\tekkit\bin folder.

Follow these steps correctly, and everyone will be able to play on your server with Mo' Creatures. At least, mine worked...there are a few glitches, though, and you have to mess with moving the config file over from a single-player modpack that has Mo' Creatures. Also, don't try to open the Global Mod Config tab in your options menu. It will likely crash your client.

Okay, so here it is: Download the server bukkit port (find it in the list here) and drop it in your [server_folder]\mods folder. Each client should then go to the MineCraft Forums thread for MoC here and download the GUI Api, CustomMobSpawner, and of course the Mo' Creatures client. The CustomMobSpawner and client .zip files should go in their .techniclauncher\tekkit\mods folder, and the GUI Api needs to be dropped into the modpack.jar in their .techniclauncher\tekkit\bin folder.

Follow these steps correctly, and everyone will be able to play on your server with Mo' Creatures. At least, mine worked...there are a few glitches, though, and you have to mess with moving the config file over from a single-player modpack that has Mo' Creatures. Also, don't try to open the Global Mod Config tab in your options menu. It will likely crash your client.

This right here, along with the lovely Yogbox-Only message, are probably reasons why it isn't in and won't be. It's been my experience that the Technic guys won't put in something that's unstable and will cause crashing in any event. So, until it's stable and Zhark decides to play nice, you won't see it in Tekkit. Not even sure about Technic after reading that.

This right here, along with the lovely Yogbox-Only message, are probably reasons why it isn't in and won't be. It's been my experience that the Technic guys won't put in something that's unstable and will cause crashing in any event. So, until it's stable and Zhark decides to play nice, you won't see it in Tekkit. Not even sure about Technic after reading that.

It's in both Technic 6 and the latest dev build of Technic 7, so I would imagine it's going in whether Zhark actually gives permission or not. The only reason the instructions are so complex, instead of just "drop these files here," is that the GUI Api is needed, and not in Tekkit. It would otherwise be easier to install.

It's likely that Dr. Zhark hasn't bothered to ask for Mocreatures to be removed, and it probably wont be until he either asks for it to be removed, introduces somethign that is particularly buggy, or throws a big tantrum.

God i hate thaumcraft and its little flying bitches, hope it doesnt get added.

1) Where did this comment come from? No one in here has mentioned Thaumcraft.

2) Now that you have, are you nuts? ThaumCraft SMP would be spectacular.

**Edit: Dangit, Jay?!

The comment came from the mods in technic that aren't in tekkit. Also, everyone has different opinions, and i personally dont like thaumcraft and believe that those flying green things are annoying, not hard to kill. Maybe thaumcraft is really fun because i haven't done much with it. But from what I've seen and done it doesn't look like my kind of mod.

I knew you were going to say that, and i have seen quite alot on the mod, like on youtube, but i haven't played much of it. And from what I've seen and played, I don't like it.

From what I've seen of Thaumcraft, it's basically another IC2, with magic instead of machines. It has power, and special tools, and other items. If it's not your type of mod, cool, but just watching people play with it on Youtube doesn't make for a good personal experience.

Thank you so much Torezu for your installation instructions! I hope that eventually the minecraft devs aren't so strick about the .jar because it'd be nice if modders could just post their modded jar but hopefully!!! Never heard of Thaumcraft, time to do some searching!! Thanks again for taking the time to write those instructions, that really helps :)

I knew you were going to say that, and i have seen quite alot on the mod, like on youtube, but i haven't played much of it. And from what I've seen and played, I don't like it.

Thaumcraft is pretty great. You're only basing it off of the wisps, which are such a minor thing of Thaumcraft. It's a very in depth mod that really can only be discovered on your own. You can watch other people play it, but their experience is going to be unique to them. As you discover more about it, you'll find things you both love and hate about it that aren't going to be on par with some, or maybe they will. The point is, you can't make an educated decision until you actually dive into it yourself. Otherwise, I'll heckle you. It's not pretty.

Pretty sure that wisps will just leave you alone as long as you don't attack them. Yes, the thaum-slimes are mildly annoying, but they're easy enough to kill.

Well, in Thaumcraft 2, if they spend enough time in a Tainted area, they'll become tainted themselves and be aggressive. However, this should be expected from anything whenever you're mucking around taint.

• 1 month later...

Well, in Thaumcraft 2, if they spend enough time in a Tainted area, they'll become tainted themselves and be aggressive. However, this should be expected from anything whenever you're mucking around taint.

That's why it's nice to be able to isolate your vis/taint experiments to their own mystcraft age.