Solder doesnt work?

fillefilip8

I have yet to try out solder (looking forward to it, waiting for new version though).

However, if I am not entirely mistaken, you link your webserver to the solder API...and to me this looks like there might be an issue with your website.

Judging from the error message, an error 500 usually is connected to some sort of server side application and language.

So, my best guess is, there is an issue with your php installation or one of your php files. Do you have any chance to test a php file by executing it directly (direct link)? If it does work, at least your php installation is likely in order.

I have yet to try out solder (looking forward to it, waiting for new version though).

However, if I am not entirely mistaken, you link your webserver to the solder API...and to me this looks like there might be an issue with your website.

Judging from the error message, an error 500 usually is connected to some sort of server side application and language.

So, my best guess is, there is an issue with your php installation or one of your php files. Do you have any chance to test a php file by executing it directly (direct link)? If it does work, at least your php installation is likely in order.

I did "php -v" in the linux console.

That returned: 

PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Aug  6 2014 11:41:05)
Copyright © 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright © 1998-2010 Zend Technologies with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.6.1, Copyright © 2002-2014, by ionCube Ltd.

Also i can see the modpack in the modpack list.

But i just get this when i try to launch it.
( Please submit this report to https://github.com/TechnicPack/TechnicLauncher/issues )
    Launcher Build: 439
    Selected Pack: null
Stack Trace:
    Exception: NullPointerException
    Trace:
        net.technicpack.launchercore.install.ModpackInstaller.installPack(ModpackInstaller.java:70)
        org.spoutcraft.launcher.InstallThread.run(InstallThread.java:63)

System Information:
    Operating System: Windows 7
    Operating System Version: 6.1
    Operating System Architecture: amd64
    Java version: 1.7.0_71 64 bit
    Total Memory: 117 MB
    Max Memory: 835 MB
    Memory Free: 40 MB
    CPU Cores: 4

Good to know you solved it.

However, for the future, a "php -v" in the linux console might not be sufficient. The php handler for the webserver is the one you want to check, not the interpreter for the console (well, both at the end). At least that is what I'd do.

• Discord Moderator

Good to know you solved it.

However, for the future, a "php -v" in the linux console might not be sufficient. The php handler for the webserver is the one you want to check, not the interpreter for the console (well, both at the end). At least that is what I'd do.

Indeed. Dropping this into a file named "test.php" (or some such) somewhere in your DocumentRoot will let you get many details about your PHP implementation:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>