Well...this is new.

Well, i opened my tekkit launcher to find a new update (After playing less than an hour ago). I didn't think anything of it, and updated. Now this is where i started seeing all this new stuff :P

This is a pic of my main menu, as you can tell, i don't remember seeing a "Mod List" on the bottom left corner o.0

34rht91.jpg

Then I went to join my server (Tekkit Server Jar V. 3.0.4)

bjdb1u.jpg

I haven't made any edits to the Mods downloaded with the launcher, nor have i edited anything to do with the .tekkitlauncher folder.

Any Clues Here?

It is the new Forge. You got an update you say? That's what caused it. :) Probably something has gone wrong. Wait a little, I'm going to research this for myself.

EDIT: Done with researching... It seems like you are using the dev. version (2.1.0) of Tekkit. Download the recommend build (2.0.3) to solve your problems. The client has up-to-date versions of the mods, while your server does not because it isn't a official release yet.

• Forum Administrators

@Iscamania: I'm pretty sure you meant to say 3.0.3. @OP: Please post a launcher log, and maybe the rest of the information from the standard bug report.

There is no need. He shouldn't be using the development build.

It is the new Forge. You got an update you say? That's what caused it. :) Probably something has gone wrong. Wait a little, I'm going to research this for myself.

EDIT: Done with researching... It seems like you are using the dev. version (2.1.0) of Tekkit. Download the recommend build (2.0.3) to solve your problems. The client has up-to-date versions of the mods, while your server does not because it isn't a official release yet.

See that's what i was thinking, "Its just the Update." But i went back a couple sec after this and re-launched and it said i was still using 3.0.3 So that's why i posted this, but now i waited an hour and can back and found another update waiting for me. Updated, and now i have 3.1.0 witch i know now just to set back :P

From sct's commits:

Changes:

- Updated to Forge 3.3.7.135

- Updated IC2 Compact Solars

- Updated IC2 Nuclear Control

- Updated Immibis Core & TubeStuff

- Updated Reis Minimap

- Added back in Balkons Weapon Mod

- Added Elemental Creepers for testing

- EE2 temporarily removed

From sct's commits:

Thanks for posting that. I was curious about the Elemental Creepers mod, so I watched a mod spotlight. After seeing that, there's no chance in hell this ever will be enabled on my server! Oh no!!! Total destruction. Normal creepers are annoying, this creepers are terrorists and a server owner's nightmare. Never ever that I will enable this shit. If you do include this in Tekkit, expect loads of newbie topics with the question on how to disable the mod. I'm almost sure about this.

• Forum Administrators

Thanks for posting that. I was curious about the Elemental Creepers mod, so I watched a mod spotlight. After seeing that, there's no chance in hell this ever will be enabled on my server! Oh no!!! Total destruction. Normal creepers are annoying, this creepers are terrorists and a server owner's nightmare. Never ever that I will enable this shit. If you do include this in Tekkit, expect loads of newbie topics with the question on how to disable the mod. I'm almost sure about this.

Well, you can customize the entire thing but it's not a final decision. I only added it to see how well it panned out in SMP. They are pretty ridiculous and I have no idea if it will be included in the final build. Just testing out the port :v:

I know, you're not ready with it yet and sure it will be configurable. But NONE of the creepers in the video are what I like for my server. The damage they do are way too ridiculous. On the side note it's my honest opinion I don't even find them suitable in a technical (and somewhat magical) themed modpack, BTW. Even the same with vanilla monsters. They aren't allowed to spawn anywhere near any human build structure, unless it's a dungeon or wilderness. And I also disallow Enderman to pick up blocks. It's annoying on a server.

• Forum Administrators

Yuck, Balkon's back. Though I don't know if it's any better than it was in Tekkit 2.*

Is the current 3.1 going to be rec build anytime soon or are we safe with 3.0.1 for a while?

You are safe for awhile.

• Forum Administrators

And the server I play on requires the Develpment Build Option

Well then the server you are playing on is doing something wrong.