I'm making this discussion about the wannabe anarchy servers and pvp servers

They say it is but you go on it you get banned i don't know how it's anarchy since there should be no rules. And another thing they call it a pvp server with factions but you're not allowed to greif or steal bases i don't see the logic in that. 3rd thing 13 year olds trying to run servers

plus that stupid lwc plugin that plugin is a waste of time. It's annoying aswell.

Feel free to add anything about this discussion that i pointed out and what you hate about

some servers ideas.

I don't like the idea of global, infinite admin shops. If there is economy, id should be player controlled.

But about the anarchy and such, there shouldnt really be ANY rules, just do what the heck you want. (Teslas all over the place)

I don't like the idea of global, infinite admin shops. If there is economy, id should be player controlled.

But about the anarchy and such, there shouldnt really be ANY rules, just do what the heck you want. (Teslas all over the place)

Thats why anarchy servers aren't true anarchy. you cant have areas like that, unless its a controlled zone. You'd never get anyone new in your server for more then about a day, since as soon as they jump in, they get gang raped by people who're just better equipped.

hell, if its a true anarchy server, then i can set up a 1-2 second timer with a massive egg farm and what not, and just force feed the server endless chickens. enough chickens to crash it.

And not a damn person would be able to stop me from breaking the server.

It's the best way to bring in more money to the server, otherwise money will be forever lost as players buy "services" and consumable goods.

Tekkit anarchy servers are next to stupid.

There are so many game breaking objects, particularly in EE and IC2, that make pvp either impossible, or put immense stress on the server.

The reason so many anarchy servers fail, is because the "13 year old admins" refuse to actually administrate and moderate what is going on.

What should happen is if someone raids another base and robs everything, is that the admins/moderators should stand by to resolve any argument that will detract from everyone else's fun.

Spawns should be adequately protected, members monitored for glitching/exploiting, and plugins/areas created for the protection of parts of the player base that wish to do something different.

So many anarchy servers forget about their players, and funnily enough, end up with none.

And the admins are a bunch of asshats who make awful threads.

They say it is but you go on it you get banned i don't know how it's anarchy since there should be no rules. And another thing they call it a pvp server with factions but you're not allowed to greif or steal bases i don't see the logic in that. 3rd thing 13 year olds trying to run servers

plus that stupid lwc plugin that plugin is a waste of time. It's annoying aswell.

Feel free to add anything about this discussion that i pointed out and what you hate about

some servers ideas.

• If you want LWC on a Factions server, enable LWC integration so everything gets unlocked when land gets unclaimed. LWC is very useful in Tekkit because Factions 1.7.5 (the only version that works on Tekkit) does not allow one to specify custom inventory blocks, so anyone can still access iron/gold/diamond/etc. chests and any other non-vanilla block with an inventory.
  • "Anarchy" means NO RULES, but hacking, exploiting and duping should always be ban-worthy. In the case of Tekkit, I'd add in a rule against lagging and/or crashing the server on purpose.

Thats why anarchy servers aren't true anarchy. you cant have areas like that, unless its a controlled zone. You'd never get anyone new in your server for more then about a day, since as soon as they jump in, they get gang raped by people who're just better equipped.

hell, if its a true anarchy server, then i can set up a 1-2 second timer with a massive egg farm and what not, and just force feed the server endless chickens. enough chickens to crash it.

And not a damn person would be able to stop me from breaking the server.

If you can't handle gang rape, then anarchy servers aren't for you.

• Forum Administrators

LOls true true i'm on this tekkit server atm and these kids going to get killed by me log off and ddos server so i can't lols talk about no ddos protection xD

You are going to DDoS a server? Whoa. WHOA! You hold all the power!

LOls true true i'm on this tekkit server atm and these kids going to get killed by me log off and ddos server so i can't lols talk about no ddos protection xD

Umm... Launching a DDoS attack isn't a walk in the park. Just because someone rages and threatens to do it doesn't mean they have the resources to pull it off. You need a decent sized botnet to cause any real damage to a server, and that requires more skill than your everyday script kiddie.

• If you want LWC on a Factions server, enable LWC integration so everything gets unlocked when land gets unclaimed. LWC is very useful in Tekkit because Factions 1.7.5 (the only version that works on Tekkit) does not allow one to specify custom inventory blocks, so anyone can still access iron/gold/diamond/etc. chests and any other non-vanilla block with an inventory.
  • "Anarchy" means NO RULES, but hacking, exploiting and duping should always be ban-worthy. In the case of Tekkit, I'd add in a rule against lagging and/or crashing the server on purpose.

If you can't handle gang rape, then anarchy servers aren't for you.

First off: If it's an anarchy server, whith no rules, why then use LWC? That is just weird.

It's like: "Hey, come and destroy my entire house and kill me, but you cant even touch my chests made out of wood!"

Second: Banning hacking, exploiting and duping are rules.

This entire thread when read from top to bottom surmised.

• Some people don't know what the word Anarchy means.
  • Some people lack the vocabulary to use anything but this word.
  • One person has something against punctuation.
  • "lulz people who like [sustainability] are dumb"
  • Most 'anarchy' servers have incompetent staff.
  • [From The_DarthMoogle] Players too incompetent to use alternatives to power flowers and condensers.

Most anarchy players are incompetent and know how to use nothing but power flowers and condensers.

It doesn't reflect the servers though; tekkit has always had it's fair share of incompetent players (I made this argument in another thread yesterday in fact). Also, this point wasn't made yet in this thread, so I'm retroactively adding it to my post as it's in it now!

• 4 weeks later...

Why don't you try out HeroStronghold? (and notify me if you do)

Perfect Anarchy protection system - if you have the reagents, the protection slowly eats them - if you don't, it became unprotected.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/herostronghold/

Other ideas and link here, just ignore spout ones:

(I can share the configurations for these, if somebody creates a tekkit+my server idea thing) ;)

Why don't you try out HeroStronghold? (and notify me if you do)

Perfect Anarchy protection system - if you have the reagents, the protection slowly eats them - if you don't, it became unprotected.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/herostronghold/

Other ideas and link here, just ignore spout ones:

(I can share the configurations for these, if somebody creates a tekkit+my server idea thing) ;)

You are a month late. Check the date of last post next time.

• 5 months later...

This entire thread when read from top to bottom surmised.

• Some people don't know what the word Anarchy means.
  • Some people lack the vocabulary to use anything but this word.
  • One person has something against punctuation.
  • "lulz people who like [sustainability] are dumb"
  • Most 'anarchy' servers have incompetent staff.
  • [From The_DarthMoogle] Players too incompetent to use alternatives to power flowers and condensers.

(sticking to topic now)

Well, yeah! Agreed. :)

Correct me on my agreement:

In my mind, an Anarchy server means no Admin-enforced rules, like no griefing, but the server setup (like the phisical laws of our Earth) prevents anything what is forbidden.

People who can trust eachother may group together to defend against robbers, and the harsh conditions of the world, and may exact revenge on serial killers like in our world. :)

You are allowed to sneak around, and backstab other players, but don't be ashamed if everybody will hate you. I actually seen "reasoning" like:

"Why don't you help me? Yes I killed you 5 times in a row, and robbed you blind, but this is allowed on the server."

I think you can see the flaw in this reasoning - the server had no rules agains it, but personal trust in another bag of moneys.

In an Anarchy server, if you mess with an Admin, she has every right to punish you. Because the server is without rules even for her.

The bad apples amongst players entering an Anarchy server believe that it means everything is allowed, so begin to dupe a lot of stuff, then run around in uber stuff. If they are punished, they will complain-spam, and begin to threaten about writing bad reviews, never to return, or griefing the server, like we care about a player who doesn't do anything for the community, exploiting errors, and has unbearably annoying personality. :D

If a server-owner is offering a free playing service, there could be suggestions, error reports, but not complaints, as it is not a pay to play offer.

I also use psychology on my open server - beginners need to mine out their way from a dangerous prison, which consumes a few hours of their playtime.

If they came for a quickie, they will surely leave as the monsters are a lot stronger, and they won't have the patience or persistence to fight thru this phase.

Should I open another topic under the same name? :D

I mean a forum topic about what is President Kennedy doing right now would be a necro,

but if we are writing about new things about the Sun, that can't be.

The topic is still existing, is it not better not to spam with another forum like this? :)

What is your opinion about Anarchy servers?