PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

The_Potion_Man

Recently my friends and I thought it would be fun to start a modded server. Now thats all fun except for the mods that we would like are a bit unusual and we couldn't find a mod-pack to fit our needs. Now this wouldn't be a problem except for after 10 f**king hours I still can't get this pack to download. If anyone knows how to fix this I it would be an AMAZING help. Thanks. 

~Potion

Links

Modpack (Technic website): http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/unofficial-flyboys-pack.563554

Download link for mod (Also link I have been trying): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9oclrofu929e8b/modpack.zip?dl=1

• Discord Moderator
  • You have too much stuff in your pack. It should only contain three folders: /bin/, /config/, and /mods/ (also /Flan/ if you add weapon packs). The /bin/ folder should only contain the modpack.jar file.
  • Your Forge version (modpack.jar) is old. I would recommend updating it.

That being said, your pack started for me. Are you updating your pack version number when you change the modpack archive? The Launcher is not notified that a new download should be retrieved unless that version number changes.

• You have too much stuff in your pack. It should only contain three folders: /bin/, /config/, and /mods/ (also /Flan/ if you add weapon packs). The /bin/ folder should only contain the modpack.jar file.
  • Your Forge version (modpack.jar) is old. I would recommend updating it.

That being said, your pack started for me. Are you updating your pack version number when you change the modpack archive? The Launcher is not notified that a new download should be retrieved unless that version number changes.

@plowmanplow Hey thanks you so much for responding... it means a lot to me. So I get the first 2 bullets and I have taken care of those. My question comes about with your last statement. What is a pack version #? Again thanks a ton!

• Discord Moderator

On the settings page where you edit your pack information there is a Version Number field. Yours is currently set to 1.0 which is the default. The implication is that you are changing your download archive file but not the version number.

On the settings page where you edit your pack information there is a Version Number field. Yours is currently set to 1.0 which is the default. The implication is that you are changing your download archive file but not the version number.

@plowmanplow I'm sorry for my incompetence, but I still am having a hard time understanding what to do. The game version is set for 1.7.10 and I have updated the pack once so to me it seems as the pack is 1.1 

You can update the pack all you want, but the version number is set manually.  Pack revisions can be made without updating the version number if the pack is backwards compatible and you don't feel like forcing all the people that use the pack client from downloading the entire thing again.

You can update the pack all you want, but the version number is set manually.  Pack revisions can be made without updating the version number if the pack is backwards compatible and you don't feel like forcing all the people that use the pack client from downloading the entire thing again.

Ok thanks for clarifying that @Torezu @plowmanplow. I am still not able to download the pack through the launcher. If I give people the link it downloads the zip just fine, but the launcher just dosent accept it. Any help?

Hmmm.  So, just to be clear, that's the link you're putting on the Platform in the Modpack Location slot, right, and not the URL you're giving people to put into the Launcher?  If it is, add https:// before it and try again.  If it isn't, it should be (the Modpack Location link, I mean).  Then you can give people the Platform URL (not the download one) to put in the search bar.  That'd be this one, which you can get off the Platform under the Install This Modpack button: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/unofficial-flyboys-pack

Hmmm.  So, just to be clear, that's the link you're putting on the Platform in the Modpack Location slot, right, and not the URL you're giving people to put into the Launcher?  If it is, add https:// before it and try again.  If it isn't, it should be (the Modpack Location link, I mean).  Then you can give people the Platform URL (not the download one) to put in the search bar.  That'd be this one, which you can get off the Platform under the Install This Modpack button: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/unofficial-flyboys-pack

@Torezu Yes I put that link in the platform URL spot. And I currently haven't given the link out yet being that its not working 

So, I can't test it, because I'm behind a rather vicious firewall at the moment, but I have no problems using that Platform URL to find the pack and start downloading.  I get stopped at the Minecraft resources downloads.  Why don't you ask someone that wants to play with you and isn't currently firewalled to test it?

So, I can't test it, because I'm behind a rather vicious firewall at the moment, but I have no problems using that Platform URL to find the pack and start downloading.  I get stopped at the Minecraft resources downloads.  Why don't you ask someone that wants to play with you and isn't currently firewalled to test it?

@Torezu Yes we are able to locate the pack and physically hit download, but it just stops and says to consult the author. I belive its a dropbox thing being as im 100% sure I have the actual pack set up corectally

Yeah, but...where it's stopping - that's a Minecraft resource file, and doesn't have anything to do with either Dropbox or the Platform.  I'm not sure about the Launcher, though.  I've seen several complaints of this variety in the last couple of hours, and I'm starting to wonder if either minecraft.net download stuff is wonky, or a recent launcher update broke something.  I suppose you could try deleting your .minecraft folder and getting the launcher to pull a new copy for you.  You just may not have sound for a while... ;)

Yeah, but...where it's stopping - that's a Minecraft resource file, and doesn't have anything to do with either Dropbox or the Platform.  I'm not sure about the Launcher, though.  I've seTorezuen several complaints of this variety in the last couple of hours, and I'm starting to wonder if either minecraft.net download stuff is wonky, or a recent launcher update broke something.  I suppose you could try deleting your .minecraft folder and getting the launcher to pull a new copy for you.  You just may not have sound for a while... ;)

@Torezu Well I have pretty much given up on this honestly. I have scrolled through every single forums that exists, Seen every video on the subject and messaged as many people as I could find. If you guys want to make the pack and get a link working I could give you like $5.00. In my opinion this is WAY over-complicated and I think this needs global addressing. I am the owner of multiple servers many of witch are joined hrough a wreck of bungee-cord links and hosts and this is more frustrating than fixing this lol. 

Edited by The_Potion_Man

Your pack download worked just fine for me, now.  Whatever was broken with the MC resource downloads is probably fixed.  Your pack doesn't have very many mods, though - and why would you want COFH Core when you're not using any mods that call for it?

Your pack download worked just fine for me, now.  Whatever was broken with the MC resource downloads is probably fixed.  Your pack doesn't have very many mods, though - and why would you want COFH Core when you're not using any mods that call for it?

@Torezu I'm not sure what you did, but its not working for me. Did you try something diffrent? Also COFH Core is needed for artifice I think (I may be wrong)