A few q's from a noob

Sparky1983

Hi all,

As above I'm new here and fairly new to mine craft, well Tekkit anyway. Having looked around on youtube etc i love some of the stuff you can do but i can't seem to add texture packs,

Im on a mac and most of what i read seems to be about windows. Any help with this would be great.

I have a fresh install of the Tekkit launcher etc.

Also, what are the main differences with Technic and Tekkit?

Another question, i recently watched a video on youtube of some people that had basically built a river that was completely empty of water, where it met the sea they dammed the water off. Then the destroyed the dame dn the water filled the river up completely. Is there a mod for this?

Video is here... click!

1) No idea about installing Texpacks on a Mac, I was unaware it was even different than windows.

Hmm, maybe its not, but something i had downloaded, which i "think" was a texture pack was in a windows format that wouldn't work on my mac?

2) Technic is single player, Tekkit is multiplayer. Namely, Technic has several mods that are not SMP compatible.

Right, gotcha.

3) That's just the way water behaved in the ancient version of Minecraft they were using.

So i can't get it to behave this way now? Shame, i think that way was better.

The

As I remember, there's a bug in the mac version of minecraft where the "open texture pack folder" button is broken. That where you're having trouble? If not, how exactly is it not working.

Actually, in the next Minecraft version (1.3) they are going to fix this bug. In Minecraft Snapshot Week 24 (http://www.mojang.com/2012/06/minecraft-snapshot-week-24/) it was stated that:

"The texture pack folder button now works on Mac."

Yes, and? That's the snapshot. If the OP is still using the rec build, they'll be on 1.1. Even if they're on the dev build, it's 1.2.5 and they'll still have this problem.

There's no need to be mean :'(

There's no need to be mean :'(

there is, because your quote, while true, is completely irrelevant at this point. it's like if someone ran up to you and said that there's a massive hole in the local dam, and you smugly inform them that it's no big deal because you heard that it was going to be fixed eventually. meanwhile your house is floating by.

there is, because your quote, while true, is completely irrelevant at this point. it's like if someone ran up to you and said that there's a massive hole in the local dam, and you smugly inform them that it's no big deal because you heard that it was going to be fixed eventually. meanwhile your house is floating by.

I just wanted to let him now that, since he/she is a Mac user. Your example for something irrelevant cannot be connected to what I said. And if being friendly on the Technic forums is not allowed, I'll stop being like that and act like a sluggish douche. Have a good day.

Thanks for the replies people,

I tried doing various things like install Industrial Craft, but then i had to install "Risugami's Modloader" & "Spacetoads Modloader" but it didn't seem like a very straight forward process. So i thought i'd look at new texture packs, but i can't get them to work either.

Yesterday i downloaded the technic launcher again as i deleted it due to all the changes i tried (and failed) to make before. So i know have a nice fresh install of mine craft and also the technic launcher too.

If i click on my texture pack button it does nothing?

Actually, I don't know if it's the MAC part that's the problem when it comes to texture packs.

I tried to download DBcraft texture pack (http://bdcraft.net/download-purebdcraft-texturepack-for-minecraft) to my tekkit's save. I used Minecraft HD Patcher (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/232701-12w25a-125update-616-mcpatcher-hd-fix-237-02/) on my tekkit's Minecraft.jar, but encounter a problem myself.

Entering the game works all nice and dandy, but when I try to select the texture pack, the game menu vanishes, freezes for ~ 15 seconds, before just turning white and forcing me to Alt+F4. It shouldn't be a problem with my computer as I am 100% sure it can handle the texture resolution.

All though in his case, I might be wrong. But the information Sparky gave was really, really vague to be honest.

Edit: Just saw him write that the texture button did nothing at all for him, so ignore what I wrote up there.

I'm still fairly new to Technic, so I am probably doing something wrong, heads up would be nice in that case.

Actually, I don't know if it's the MAC part that's the problem when it comes to texture packs.

I tried to download DBcraft texture pack (http://bdcraft.net/download-purebdcraft-texturepack-for-minecraft) to my tekkit's save. I used Minecraft HD Patcher (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/232701-12w25a-125update-616-mcpatcher-hd-fix-237-02/) on my tekkit's Minecraft.jar, but encounter a problem myself.

Entering the game works all nice and dandy, but when I try to select the texture pack, the game menu vanishes, freezes for ~ 15 seconds, before just turning white and forcing me to Alt+F4. It shouldn't be a problem with my computer as I am 100% sure it can handle the texture resolution.

All though in his case, I might be wrong. But the information Sparky gave was really, really vague to be honest.

Edit: Just saw him write that the texture button did nothing at all for him, so ignore what I wrote up there.

I'm still fairly new to Technic, so I am probably doing something wrong, heads up would be nice in that case.

I don't think you need to use theHD patcher, as Tekkit has optifine installed, which has the hd patcher build in. I'm not entirely sure, though.

I have installed finite water onto minecraft and it works great, but if i try to install and then load it onto the technic laucher jar file when i run the game i get the below error message, any ideas what i can do now?

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 247 is already occupied by BlockLiqSense@3974782f when adding ic2.common.BlockTex@d7e7321

at pb.<init>(Block.java:249)

at pb.<init>(Block.java:281)

at ic2.platform.BlockCommon.<init>(BlockCommon.java:12)

at ic2.common.BlockTex.<init>(BlockTex.java:30)

at mod_IC2.load(mod_IC2.java:164)

at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:891)

at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)

at ahu.<init>(RenderManager.java:86)

at ahu.<clinit>(RenderManager.java:14)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:394)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:732)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- END ERROR REPORT e383877 ----------

Thanks

Sparky

Hmm...

I just put it all in the minecraft.jar as that is what the tutorial said do, but that was for normal minecraft and it did work. but i guess its slightly different for this version.

I have no idea what would need to move or how to go about it???

any mod that goes inside minecraft.jar normally, needs to be placed into modpack.jar when dealing with technic. you will then need to shuffle block IDs around using the config file that the mod generates.

do be careful though, with a base class altering mod (meaning it goes into modpack.jar, not the mods folder) you have a good chance of breaking everything