FTP as Solder repo not working and other bumps

Chapeau

So, I setup a Solder instance for personnal use. I set it up in a virtual machine running Ubuntu Server 14.04 running on my personnal computer in my home network. It is hosted via Apache (overkill, I know) and the database is (for now) SQLite. My mod repo is on the same server and is accessible via an anonymous FTP. When I login to the FTP via FileZilla or Chrome, it works well, I can browse and download my files. Solder sees the files, hashes them etc. I created a modpack, created a build, added the mods and it all works. (I might be missing some steps here and there, I know.)

I run my own DNS server at home and have a domain name. I have tested the DNS resolution from within and outside the network and the same address works in both cases.

But I've been hitting several bumps on my solder journey. The biggest being that I try to install my solder-enabled test modpack through the Technic Launcher and it immediately tells me "Error downloading a file for the following modpack: Solder Tests - Invalid URL ftp.yu-shan.net/minecraft/mods/thaumcraft-4/thaumcraft-4-4.2.3.2.zip" Even though if I point my browser at that URL, it immediately downloads the correct file. Is Technic unable to connect to FTP servers? What kind of fileserver should I run to host my mod repo?

My ftp server is at ftp.yu-shan.net (obviously).

Thank you for your help.

• Discord Moderator
  1. Does Solder and the platform even support FTP as the mod source? I know that HTTP is the "blessed" method.
  2. What is your Solder API URL? (so that we may test it externally and verify that it looks as it should)
  3. What is the API URL for one of your modpacks?
Edited by plowmanplow

• Discord Moderator

Solder and/or your web server is not properly configured. The links for downloading the mods don't work:

Your link:

http://yu-shan.net:8080/index.php/mod/view/ftp.yu-shan.net/minecraft/mods/minecraft-forge/minecraft-forge-10.13.2.1277.zip

This should be a direct link to your mod files. For instance, here's one of mine:

http://solder.circlecraft.info/mods/extra-cells/extra-cells-1.7.10-2.2.25b45.zip

Make sure the settings in your config/solder.php file are correct, and that your mods folder is directly exposed in your web server config.