How to setup tekkit 2 server.

Greytonic

Anyone using Multicraft - minecraftserver.com.au to host a server on? Having issues with ID's being loaded properly, if your good with server stuff can use skype share screen to help me out, getting annoying >.>

"24.02 15:17:23 [server] INFO java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 241 is already occupied by codechicken.enderchest.BlockEnderChest@fba0f36 when adding ic2.common.BlockRubSapling@3caa4b"

That being a error

Anyone using Multicraft - minecraftserver.com.au to host a server on? Having issues with ID's being loaded properly, if your good with server stuff can use skype share screen to help me out, getting annoying >.>

"24.02 15:17:23 [server] INFO java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 241 is already occupied by codechicken.enderchest.BlockEnderChest@fba0f36 when adding ic2.common.BlockRubSapling@3caa4b"

That being a error

You sure the configs are being loaded? Seems Industrial Craft 2 is not loading the pre-set for comparability.

that sounds like a config error or if you are using a world created in 1.1.4 you might want to update it using the world updater found on the tekkit download page.

you could always make a backup of your current world and then create a new one and see if that fixes it.

also make sure you are using the correct tekkit 2.0 package and try running it locally and see if it works.

if it does and you have done everything correctly it could be a java problem.

that sounds like a config error or if you are using a world created in 1.1.4 you might want to update it using the world updater found on the tekkit download page.

you could always make a backup of your current world and then create a new one and see if that fixes it.

also make sure you are using the correct tekkit 2.0 package and try running it locally and see if it works.

if it does and you have done everything correctly it could be a java problem.

it works fine on local launch, I think its me putting the server files in the wrong location on the server FTP setup, hence why I wanted someone to double check for me.

You should probably ask the servers tech support about installing custom servers. They can really help.

Backup your world/plugin/things to keep folders on your server in ftp. (if you converted from 1.1.4 to 2.0 with tool... otherwise start a new world... don't even try to use a vanilla world). Then reset/re-install everything on the server. Make sure you can connect to the servers basic setup.

If it works then you have original file names and structure. Install the tekkit server zip on your machine locally, just make a folder for it, drag and drop the files from the tekkit zip into it. You can then run launch.bat to make sure it works but this folder is mainly just so you have a local folder to compare your ftp to.

I dentify your host servers .jar in ftp. It may be named like craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT or craftbukkit-1.0.1-R1. That file should be in the root folder for the server Rename the tekkit.jar in your folder to that name that appears in your own ftp. Then you can then drag and drop everything in the folder you just made, with the renamed tekkit server, directly into the root of your ftp where you see a similar file structure to your local folder you dropped things in.

I hope that kinda helps. Most of us who are Admin'ing our own servers probably are trying to work out our own kinks and too busy to give hands on. So if not I hope you can find some hands on help.