Rules of war

joe5

Hi,

I run a small tekkit server that periodically fights small wars over anything from land ownership to [mutual] bordum. however, recently their has been a lot of discussion about how to shift the focus away from individual pvp and more onto industrial warfare, frame ships, t&t cannons, base destruction, ect. our goal is to reduce the use of one person suicide missions and encourage large scale destruction. to this end we have enacted the following initiatives:

1. disabled quantum
  2. banned the use of pickaxes during wars
  3. all wars take place with rain/night
  4. survival cannot be made a victory condition (winning requires more than avoiding defeat)

what do you think?

any ideas for additional initiatives, rules, or post-reset bonuses, which might encourage greater use of military assets and explosives during war?

hmm, on the other hand, without them several of the frame ships operated by Allied would be invulnerable. what do you think of the idea of implementing a "nuke tax" to be paid once the server was reset?

Wut lag? They don't drop any items. :P

Yes, but they remove so many blocks at once, it is sometimes hard to handle it. I remember, I once totally crashed my server because I was wondering what would happen if I modded the power of TNT thousand fold. Let's say it was so intense, my PC was actually on the verge of a meltdown.

Plus, I think the broken blocks drop on the floor.

Yes, but they remove so many blocks at once, it is sometimes hard to handle it. I remember, I once totally crashed my server because I was wondering what would happen if I modded the power of TNT thousand fold. Let's say it was so intense, my PC was actually on the verge of a meltdown.

Plus, I think the broken blocks drop on the floor.

I have huge nuke craters all the way to bedrock, from chained nukes... no lag... XD

I have huge nuke craters all the way to bedrock, from chained nukes... no lag... XD

Seriously? I guess my PC simply sucks then... But chaining loads of TNT IS a bad idea, you just have to watch the videos on Youtube.

Also, just wondering when you say "No pickaxes", why? I mean, anyway we have the mining laser in Tekkit, so who uses pickaxes.

Seriously? I guess my PC simply sucks then... But chaining loads of TNT IS a bad idea, you just have to watch the videos on Youtube.

Also, just wondering when you say "No pickaxes", why? I mean, anyway we have the mining laser in Tekkit, so who uses pickaxes.

Yeah TNT is a muddafawga. There's this plugin called NoLagg that makes TNT not crash servers or lag clients, among other things. ;P

• 5 months later...

Guys, necroing isn't necessarily against the rules. The thing is, your comment needs to add something to the conversation.

In your opinion, does this post add to the conversation? It's a idea without any explanation and it's trying to deny a fact...