Location, Location, Location.  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you mostly play?

• Home
    • School
    • Work
    • On-The-Go (Parks,Cafe,ect.)
    • Other

I've been trying to play Tekkit off of an external drive. The launcher runs fine, until I get to the log in page. The point of playing MCTechnic off of a USB/External Drive is to use the launcher on computers without installing it on said computers. But what if that computer's network has a firewall that prevents you from verifying your account! Without the ability to alter it or disable it?! That would be a very big problem for someone who wishes to play MCTechnic on that computer. So, question: Is there a way to port the verifying process through a proxy site, allowing it the ability to connect to Minecraft.net? Is there a way to trick the launcher into remembering your verified account, bypassing it then? Can you log into that specific installation of the launcher with a different device, and use that same installation once more on the 'blocked' device to bypass the log in? I've been wondering how to do so, and I think other users may, A: Have the answer. Or B: Have the same problem.

I've created this topic to help discover a safe way to do so. Without bypassing the log in entirely, to ensure that you still need an MC account to use the method. (If one such exists.)

So I call upon normal users, instead of the Technic staff. Because they have enough to worry about, and it's about time we solve basic things like this ourselves.

This is not a 'bug report' or a request to 'fix' something. (Entirely) To me this is a discussion upon allowing more users to freely play MCTechnic without these limits. For the sake of curiosity, and expanding the minds of others of 'possible issues' of the future. (A lot of 'OFs'.) Think of it like a puzzle, that can benefit others.

If you find a method, simplify it as much as you can. Make it easy for others to use. Be sure it doesn't exploit any bugs, legal-loopholes, or 3rd party software. Remember, this should be a safe method, that doesn't require an arm and a leg.

So, if you're bored, and/or have this 1st world problem in your life. Try a few things and share your thoughts upon it.     ~<3  Yours truly, Tae.