Why

What's interesting, is that if I smelt both kinds of Copper/Tin Ore, turn them into ingots, turn the ingots into blocks, and then turn them back into ingots, they're always the same kind of copper/Tin Ingot.

That sounds confusing, I know, but also, with the two different kinds of Copper/Tin Ingots I have, only one has Ingot in its name (it's the bronze-looking one for Copper and the iron-looking one for Tin); the other ones are just called Copper and Tin, and they're also duller in color, with lighter lines.

Are you getting those from NEI?

Forges' Ore Dictionary should be filtering out the extraneous ores. Don't worry about it either way though, all those substances will react as if they are exactly the same. All copper is copper, All tin is tin, etc. etc.

Well yes, they show up in NEI, and also in the wild. It's not a big deal, really, but it is also weird to me.

Hm. They shouldn't be showing up in the wild, though. All naturally occurring ores should be the same version. What OS are you using? do you have java updated? is there a duck in your computer?

Hm. They shouldn't be showing up in the wild, though. All naturally occurring ores should be the same version. What OS are you using? do you have java updated? is there a duck in your computer?

1.) I have Windows 7

2.) I'm not sure...I think it is...

3.) Not since I last checked, but sometimes I hear a quack. :o

1.) I have Windows 7

2.) I'm not sure...I think it is...

3.) Not since I last checked, but sometimes I hear a quack. :o

You should check your java version, and maybe redownload technicpack.

It's odd that Ore Dictionary isn't working for you.

• Forum Administrators

Do you not make a descriptive thread title? Is it trendy and super-cool or am I missing something?

Anyway, by default with Technic and Tekkit you will only ever get 1 type of tin and 1 type of copper. We always turn RedPower and Forestry's copper and tin off, so there should only be one generating in the wild. This is IC2's version.

If you are getting multiple tins and coppers spawning in your world then I'm thinking your configs for Forestry and RedPower got wiped. Go in them and check to see if they are generating copper and tin. I just verified and both the server and client of tekkit is set up for only IC2 tin and copper, and Technic is set the same.

So, uh, check your RedPower and Forestry configs.

I'm pretty sure default Technicpack only has 1 type of tin and copper.

Nope. There's Forrestry tin/copper, IC2 Tin/copper, and Redpower (i think) tin/copper.

Forges Ore Dictionary forces them to all behave the same way, and forces only IC2 ores to spawn though.