Quarry vs Oil

Prototype958

Are there any tricks around the issue of quarries not mining out anything under oil?

Usually I would just go down and fill in the oil with cobble or dirt to erase it, but it seems like either the frequency of oil got a huge buff or I'm just in a world gen that's super rich in oil. (I swear I can't escape it, it's everywhere!)

So I'd love to hear if anyone has any tricks to deal with this. My quarry is missing huge chunks due to this. Also side note: I'm digging out underwater. Not sure if this happens on land, but when the quarry hits oil, it ignores all blocks under the oil.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any tricks around the issue of quarries not mining out anything under oil?

Usually I would just go down and fill in the oil with cobble or dirt to erase it, but it seems like either the frequency of oil got a huge buff or I'm just in a world gen that's super rich in oil. (I swear I can't escape it, it's everywhere!)

So I'd love to hear if anyone has any tricks to deal with this. My quarry is missing huge chunks due to this. Also side note: I'm digging out underwater. Not sure if this happens on land, but when the quarry hits oil, it ignores all blocks under the oil.

I've started to have a filler the same size as the quarry above the quarry frame that is hooked up to a deep storage unit that is storing the gravel that the quarry is mining. When I see unwanted liquids I turn off the quarry, and turn on the filler until it is gone, then turn on the quarry again. It takes like no time to set up and I can fix all the oil/sludge/sewage issues with no labor :D