"Your OS has prevented relaunch of launcher"

Question

I got this error when I tried to launch Technic today.

" Your OS has prevented this relaunch from completing. You may need to add an exception in your security software."

I have NO idea what this means or why I am getting it. I have changed Nothing with my OS, or my "security software" - there hasn't even been an update today of said software. It's not windows specific, because I see someone on reddit with the same problem who is on a mac. Also, the launcher icon on my desktop disappeared after that fail and error message. ?? (so odd.)

I am unable to go into my security software to add an exception (yes, i know, i need new software) but again, this has never happened before.

Thanks for any input or direction here, would be much appreciated. 

Edited by JustSomeChick
Title misspelled

2 answers to this question

I went on IRC and got some guidance there - which was the same as yours. Apparently it's likely a failed update of the launcher. This worked for me - redownloading the launcher and putting it somewhere other than my .technic launcher

http://www.technicpack.net/download

it's working for me now. 

Thank you for your help Munaus :)

Edited by JustSomeChick

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By aguamieles
      Hey everyone! I'm relatively new to Technic, and I'm having some problems launching modpacks. Whenever I run a modpack, the Minecraft window gets stuck on a white screen. I am running on a Macbook Pro on Mojave 10.14.4. Any advice on how to fix this? If needed, I can post a pastebin from my Technic console. Thank you!
    • By alexsunny123
      Hello,

I have a problem with technic launcher . The problem is that when i wan't to log in with my account i got a error : Unable to authenticate account to minecraft.net .

thanks
      alexsunny
    • By aron9forever
      Hello, so i have been building on my tekkit classic map and while i was building, minecraft crashed with "Saving Chunks" screen. When i went to rejoin, it said "Simulating the world for a bit.." and after that "Saving chunks" and white screen.
      My techniclauncher log:
      https://privatebin.net/?e3752af48fe736a1#873mR1KLxx8hPqXt
      ______
      I FIXED IT! THE ISSUE WAS THAT I HAD SOME BROKEN ENERGY TELEPORTERS!
      if i remember correctly, i made this before the game crashed. https://prnt.sc/tk5lq4
    • By brzi
      Hi, so I have a problem installing any modpack.. I tried reinstalling launcher, java, even tried a bunch of other java versions... I have a x64 system, here is a picture of my log
    • By JadenZockt
      Hello!
      I was trying to Download the Technic Launcher. When this happend: I open The technic app and it says "Windows Smartscreen is trying to protect you" or something Like that. I click on my Infos AND IT DOESN'T SHOW "RUN ANYWAY" Why is this soo??? I need help. Thanks..