Creeper problem, is there a solution to this menace?

I just finished my sorting machine and it works great, next step was to automate fabrication of advanced alloy and carbon plates. But creepers are spawning in my base, when I hear them "Fssssssst..." its too late, they explode and take with them my machines, pipes, diamond pipe intersections and similar.

Im kinda stuck, its very time consuming to progress further and this was sort of my last try. I placed out a bunch of blue torches (monster repel torches) but not even that seems to help. I can play for up to an hour a day so rebuilding my factory whenever a creeper decides to come for a visit is not an option.

I have placed tons and tons of torches around but monsters spawn regardless. Mostly its zombies or skeletons that spawn but if they can spawn then maybe next time a creeper will spawn.

Is there a way to prevent creepers from spawning inside your base and blowing up? Im assuming that there is a way because its stupid to have your base blow up at random from time to time, that would be bad game design.

Please help :)

I dont want to disable creepers or monsters alltogether but I dont really care if I need to cheat or install mods, as long as I can keep them out of my base Im happy. I cba rebuilding basic machines all the time, I want to progress and make my warehouse larger and more efficient :)

Try getting a couple stacks of torches and put them everywhere. Also put up doors wherever you can. It is always good to get some fences and fence gates and fence off your machines too. Since fences are 1 and 1/2 blocks high, no mob expect spiders can get past them.

Or you can use some plugins like towny or Izone and create a zone of your house and set the option to not have mobs spawning there quite easy and works so much better especially if you want to use redpower2 lamps and not having to let them on all the time to avoid monsters spawning there, really nice, also get the plugin called Essentials and you can set the creepers to not do any damage to your world, they can still explode and cause player damage but won't do anything to the world, you can also totally disable their explosion damage to players too if you wish.

Thanks for all the solutions!

Im gonna go with the light level plugin first and plug the light gaps in my factory, hopefully that will keep the creepers away. If this fails Ill try the towny plugin :) Maybe I can set up a high density creeper area inside my friends house while Im at it :DD

It may seem lame solution - but taming ocelot always did it for me plus as precaution (I use Mo creatures) i cover stuff with basalt brick (blast resistant) and if any accidental explosions happen I only replace a pipe or two from inputs areas. I like my machines to work behind the walls so I dont have to watch and listen to the noise:)