[In Progress]TekkitZ, a map adaption of DayZ. (0.0.4)

Techpriest

Bad news: Recently got a virus that wiped out my system files and think Tekkit Z might never be released.

Note to people who wants this to be done quicker: Make a town of Tekkit Z. That you want to be made. I don't have a creative mind anymore due to working on a server with too much creativity, now I'm out of juice.

Hello, please be knowing that TekkitZ is a big project and is still in progress, and might not be finished until 2013.

Oye8o.png

What is TekkitZ?

TekkitZ is a map adaption of DayZ. In this map, you(or others, if you are hosting a server) must scavenge for resources found in chests around TekkitZ.

Introduction to TekkitZ

Welcome to Craftia.

An 2500x2500(Holy crap, that's big) open city in anarchy state and one of the areas in Craftia has been hit by a new and unknown virus which has wiped out most of the Craftia's population. You are one of the few Craftians who has immunity against this virus due to your "bad genes," and now you must search this infested wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the virus. However, Craftia had always held attacks from the bandits of the North, but now since Craftia is now destroyed, the bandits are now free to roam.

Go solo, team up with friends or take on the world as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever it means you stumble upon to survive.

About TekkitZ

TekkitZ is a Minecraft map for the modpack Tekkit Classic. TekkitZ assigns the player to the role of a Craftia survivor and drops them into a safe house surrounded by wilderness. The once thriving farms, factories, schools, and libraries are now home to the undead.

Throughout the game, the survivors must scavenge for resources such as weapons, ammunition and chemical supplies. Unlike other Tekkit survival maps, survivors do not get any bonuses except a safe room.

How to install TekkitZ

To play single-player with TekkitZ: Just install TekkitZ how you would install single-players maps.

To play multi-player with TekkitZ: Just install TekkitZ how you would install multi-players maps.

Game Mechanics

Health:

When you die, you must start from scratch again in that safe room. Play with cautious

TekkitZ uses the same health mechanics that Minecraft uses, so you should know these by hand! You can regain health by keeping yourself from getting hungry, which will slowly regenerate health over time or you can restore a lot of health by applying chemical effects on you.

Hunger:

You need to eat, but only enough that you can still regenerate health. Sprinting causes you to become hungry more rapidly. You can eat these food to restore your hunger:

Meat: Ha! Good luck finding meat, animals are rare, so once you find them, you better breed them and protect them.

Rotten Flesh: These Craftians are not simliar to homo sapiens, since in time of needs they can become cannibals and eat their own species.

Mushroom Soup: These are the #1 food source to you, you may find almost soup in every chests.

Melons: Manage to establish a well-protected farm? Find some melon seeds which are very RARE.

Bread: Oh boy, I can make bread, but they take a long time to grow!

Weapons, Gears and Inventory:

Let's be honest, you will need weapon and gears regardless if you can survive using just your hands.

Weapons: You got three types of weapons: Breakable ones, EU-needed ones, and EMC-needed ones. You will mostly find breakable weapons instead of EU or EMC needed weapons. Meaning, you'll have to craft these powerful weapons.

Ammunition: Most ammunition are IndustrialCraft-specific.

Food: Oh boy, yummy stuff!

Tools: Axes, pickaxes, all of those crap that you need for everything.

Chemical Supplies: Potion of (everything)

Building materials: You know.. those defend thingy.

Vehicles: I don't know how they are useful, we don't have much rails in Craftia.

Hijacking:

As you noticed in the screenshot, you see cable towers, thus giving you an ability to hijack electricity from cable towers, but is there any left at all?

Download Link:

The project is not done... yet.

Map:

You got to be prepared, here a quick sketch of a map. By the way, if you craft the map in this map. Don't, this is the real map.

fWz7S.png

For each story about the cities...

Spawn: In a room is where the survivors take camp, however survivors will not live long inside that camp and will be forced to move outside.

Korn: A town that was wiped out by the bandits of the North.

Northwest Country Town: A country area that supplied wheat to Craftia, in exchange Craftia gave them protection against the bandits of the North.

Oakie: A town that was once a science city, developing technological advances. Now, lies in ruins from the virus.

Madline: A town that was wiped out by bandits and raiders. It was one of the poorest town possible, so they couldn't afford defenses or supplies.

Fali: A town that was also wiped out by bandits and raiders. Not much is given.

Hirk: A town that provided electricity to Craftia. Now, lays in ruins, due to TechNica not supplying any more coal or uranium.

Har: A town that was dependant on Hirk for their electricity, it died out as soon as Hirk was dying.

Chernoiba: A city that held it grounds, and fought against the mobs, but were soon overrunned.

Warehouse Town: An area where most of the building materials were stored in warehouses.

Hin: A town that was overrunned by creepers.

Lighly: A town that relied on pipes to get clean water and food. Now, with no water or food, the town lies in ruins.

Mason: A town that no one really knows how it got destroyed. Maybe, someone still lives there. Maybe.

Barrack: An area where soldiers were trained to fight mobs. Thousands of people who were infected with the virus quickly came to the area and spreaded the virus among soldiers, making their defenses weaker and weaker and weaker...

Komi: A town that was overrunned by strange slenderlike beings that stole their supplies and teleported before they could fight back these beings.

East Country Town: A country area that supplied Craftia with melons and pumpkins.

Unknown: Who knows what this is. This could be the birthplace of the virus. Who knows?

Bernal: A city that harvested mushrooms and produced mushroom soup.

FlatVille: A city that was well-protected. The citizens were well-trained in battle and fought the virus until they ran out of food and supplies.

TechNica: The capital city of Craftia, this is mostly where most survivors' fate end. There is only one way in and one way out. If you can't get out. Meet your new fate.

Changelog

Version 0.0.3

Done with one section of the map.

Version 0.0.2

Made random spawning(Almost like DayZ) by adding in teleporters.

Version 0.0.1

My first survival map made.

Version 0.0.1

The beginning of Craftia.

Screenshot:

I know one rule about uploading maps, pictures or no download. So, here's one screenshot:

So, here's four screenshots!

Blah, working on it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they're just there for the show, but I just wanted to tell you that this setup of copper cables makes you lose massive quantities of energy. Anyway, good luck on this map! I have a (small) experience in adventure map making, and it's for the best to take one thing after the other; doing everything at once is hard on the motivation, and wields lesser results! I'll be waiting for the download!

Maybe they're just there for the show, but I just wanted to tell you that this setup of copper cables makes you lose massive quantities of energy. Anyway, good luck on this map! I have a (small) experience in adventure map making, and it's for the best to take one thing after the other; doing everything at once is hard on the motivation, and wields lesser results! I'll be waiting for the download!

Not really. If you noticed that each cable tower has a batbox to reduce EU losage, and if you have cables in your inventory, then you can "hijack" the cable tower and gain EUs from it. However, the batbox in the EU will alway be full due to that hole in the bedrock wall and behind that hole is 10 MFE fully charged with high voltage solar arrays and ready to output.

Thank for the luck! Adventure map? This is acutally a survival-adventure map. You don't have an objective except to survive for tons of days.

Doing everything at once? Meh, I just choose to focus on changing the landscape first, since the world is a flatworld.

The download will be probably released during the late August. (Maybe earlier, if I get more positive reviews. :D)

I'm really excited about this, I can't wait to try it out. If you ever find yourself in need of any help or anything along those lines, I'll be happy to lend a hand. Just gimme a shout.
Like the map I made? This is probably the only accurate map for this map download. Green indictates 0-5 any zombie spawner, yellow means just 5-10 zombie spawners in the area, and red means >10. The gray area is the wilderness.fWz7S.png

Like the map I made? This is probably the only accurate map for this map download. Green indictates 0-5 any zombie spawner, yellow means just 5-10 zombie spawners in the area, and red means >10. The gray area is the wilderness.

I love how there actually is a zone that is unknown to the creator of the map. :D

I love how there actually is a zone that is unknown to the creator of the map. :D
The creator of the map is a bunch of survivors who commited suicide in the safe room(spawn). You are the only survivor who found this. (Single-Player story) The map was made by a group of survivors(The players) who each had knowledge on one other section of Craftia. (Multi-Player story)

The creator of the map is a bunch of survivors who commited suicide in the safe room(spawn). You are the only survivor who found this. (Single-Player story) The map was made by a group of survivors(The players) who each had knowledge on one other section of Craftia. (Multi-Player story)

Ah I misunderstood the purpose of this; I thought of it as a planning device for your usage, but it's actually a map that will be provided with the download for the future players? That's a neat idea!

Sounds about right.

Oh that's easy. If you don't have one, you need a church in technica. You could also make one of the towns that you haven't started more of a farming village, with windmills, barns, a big plantation, etc.I recommend East Country Town

Oh that's easy. If you don't have one, you need a church in technica. You could also make one of the towns that you haven't started more of a farming village, with windmills, barns, a big plantation, etc.I recommend East Country Town
I meant as in showing me a screenshot of what it look like :P.

Nah, I have illegal immigrants Worldedit building the map for me.

Also, I enjoy to keep my username private. I never went multiplayer ever.

Aww. Lol ok tell me what town you want me to build. I'll build it on a superflat ugly world and provide screens