Blocking Tekkit's items from destroying protected region

Marahin

Harro everynyan.

I am running Tekkit server (3.1.2 - www.marahin.pl) which has blocked minimal list of grief-able items. Although still for example, I didn't ban Philosopher's Stone, which has a high value for players.

There starts my question: is there any posibility of modding WorldGuard so it will protect defined regions from tekkit items too? Example for that: Philosopher's Spawn won't change blocks if they're cuboided?

I've heard there's some method other than just blocking those items with modifyworld, although I cannot find any.

Cheerio.

Yes a world guard patch blocks some of the EE destructive stuff But if your running something like towny or factions i suggest you ban those items all together as people get annoyed when someone tears through the town/base with a morning star ruining there work

I can't put it on my penis, but I think there's a worldguard add-on that blocks this located somewhere in the Technic Forum search bar.

I went through the Technic Forum search bar's 7 sites of "WorldGuard" tags, and yet I didn't find any of "WorldGuard addon" nor "WorldGuard patch" topic. :(

Although I've managed to block Philosopher's Stone from changing blocks by adding those few lines to the blacklist.txt files in WG:

[27526]

ignore-perms=usage.phstone

ignore-groups=admin

on-use=notify,deny,log,tell

Yes a world guard patch blocks some of the EE destructive stuff But if your running something like towny or factions i suggest you ban those items all together as people get annoyed when someone tears through the town/base with a morning star ruining there work

Jeff, lol. I blocked every item that might have been used for griefing, e.g. morning star and catalysts.

I used modifyworld to do so.What's that WorldGuard patch you're talking about? Link plox?

Now then, what about nuclear reactors which might blow up? Does that mystical WorldGuard patch (/addon) block it too? And by the way, could someone give me a link for dat mystical WorldGuard patch, since I am not really able to find it anywhere?

Cheerio

I spent around 15 minutes looking for a thread which could help me with WorldGuard. Found none.

Also there's one thread with name that contains "WorldGuard". How am I supposed to find it? I opened tons of threads there and had to read first few posts just to make sure there's none connection with antigrief mod.

I enjoyed this a lot, thank you.

I kindly ask you to just show me that thread, because I CAN'T find it. Even if I'm lookign for it for 15 minutes. I am not sure if I am really that dumb or blind, or the forums aren't properly clear.

Oh mai gawd. ENGINES?! That means when they explode they only destroy 4 blocks!

Someone loves to get his post counter up, eh?

They still can destroy blocks and bypass cuboid, wh ich means they can grief. So.. Yep. Anyone else, who has better things to do, than using sarcasm to grant himself additional posts?

the problem is like with EE and all other mod items

there block data is NOT routed threw Bukkit.

and plugins like towny or coreprotect or any for that mater get there block break and place events from the "bukket stream"

So the Java code of the mods/items will need to be rewritten so it routs its data threw bukkit.

there was a guy working on this here on the forums but only for EE items in this case

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/patch-for-ee-mining-tools-no-more-griefing-with-them.6642/page-6#post-125701

Someone loves to get his post counter up, eh?

They still can destroy blocks and bypass cuboid, wh ich means they can grief. So.. Yep. Anyone else, who has better things to do, than using sarcasm to grant himself additional posts?

Nah, just ban engines, or just disable steam and combustion, but only allow redstone engine(Since they never overheat and explode. :D) Also, in this forum, additional posts doesn't make you well-respected or anything. It just shows you, you're not new to this forum.