Advanced machines has been updated!

The advanced machines actually do have a use. While it's true that they aren't as fast as a sufficiently overclocked basic machine, they use a hell of a lot less energy to do the same amount of work. A regular furnace will use about 300 EU per operation. An induction furnace will use 200 EU per operation. A heavily overclocked furnace will use 8,000 EU per operation.

I think it's a good thing that the overclockers significantly increase EU use, gives you more incentive to build big power systems and shifts the burden from gathering resources for expensive machines to creating lots of power which is what the mod is about to me.

However I do like that the Advanced Machines adds a bit of detail with the various machines having to "heat up" before going at full speed.

It's a bit more interesting than the overclockers just speeding everything up.

Well for us who have been running a server for months now and have huge solar arrays panels and such would very much prefer if they get added in. I don't know exactly what you are talking about with overclocked furnaces, since I am still playing 1.1.4 until I see Tekkit 2.0 meet the basic requirements for our needs.

Hmmm... The note to Tekkit 2 still says: "TAKE NOTE THAT ADVANCED MACHINES IS NOT IN THIS TEKKIT RELEASE, AS IT HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED FOR THE NEW IC2."

Shouldn't this be changed to something more accurate? I mean it is out for a couple of days now...

Until there's an output slot count upgrade chip, AM still have a feature that normal machines can't ever get. Go put a sapling in an extractor and tell me when it finishes the whole stack. Without removing rubber part way through. Or macerate a whole stack of ore without pulling dust out. Sure, we have tubes. But especially early, I don't have them yet. Also, argh at the aforementioned 8000 EU/cycle. :(

Well I mean, we're in the middle of updating it. Once we push a new tekkit release it wont really matter what that says.

So, just to make sure I've got all the synapses firing properly, advanced machines will indeed be added to Tekkit again once all the compatibility and things are worked out?

I'm still running the archaic pre-launcher Tekkit for our server because a lot of people are dependent on the things from advanced machines. I plan to keep checking in the launcher version to see if/when it shows up (maybe it's already there and I'm just too thick-headed to see it?). I've seen a fair bit of talk about replacements for it and all that good stuff, but I couldn't be sure that these mods are still going to be in Tekkit. If not, then I better get crackin' exploring these other options, eh? Thanks in advance!