Spacetoad stepping down as Buildcraft's developer. :o

Rbd25

Perhaps but technically that's what he'd be doing anyway. Except instead of "use this if you want your mod to work with mine." He'd be saying "There's only one way to make your mod work with mine and you can't have it." I'm not sure which is worse. Probably the latter since it means BTW's stays isolated and we don't have to care about it.

Balls to it though, it doesn't matter. BTW's sucks and FC is a complete idiot. No sugarcoating. Straight facts.

Very true. I think this would have been worse when BTW was new but now you can get most the functions you would want from it with other mods that actually attempt to be compatible with each other. Should probably get back to talking about BuildCraft instead of BTW.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Oh, wait. There are even ads here in the first place? I thought he was talking about adf.ly. Well, I don't normally do this but I'm going to disable ABP for this site. Seems like the Technic team has enough hosting troubles as it is and according to the description of them they might be odd at times, but not intrusive.

ETA: They're still not there? Or am I stupid for some reason?

... Oh, wait. There are even ads here in the first place? I thought he was talking about adf.ly. Well, I don't normally do this but I'm going to disable ABP for this site. Seems like the Technic team has enough hosting troubles as it is and according to the description of them they might be odd at times, but not intrusive.

I don't see any either... and i gave the technic site full permissions(noscript)

I don't see any either... and i gave the technic site full permissions(noscript)

I can see them, check for other ad blockers and stuff and clear your caches

Hmm. I don't know how those slipped through. Its supposed to be all video game and computer ads. I did get baby item kijiji ads though.

Lingerie and Baby items, combine that with the stock and progressive ads i have right now. I think the ad agency wants everyone here to make some babies and start a family. Also saw some odd ad for the GIMP through some 3rd party site XP. I tend to get my software from the main site since those versions tend to package with junk I do not want, link an app to install over 500+ hideous facebook themes (man... I remember the days of puke worthy myspace layouts).

But yeah I think i will actually go ahead an leave my ad block off here, the loss of space is not that much.

On topic stuff: Yeah my main thing on ad.fly was when i had the adblocker off so they would get the view most of what i got where those hideous Complete this survey before proceeding ones or the fake mediafire download page ones. If modder didn't worship it like it was the neatest thing since sliced bread and they actually did what they said and SCANNED the ads it would not be that bad. But is it more or less just a crappy service that cause people to whine over pennies and maybe try to manipulate the system with tricks and optimizing mod updates to get more views (don't know of any that do that but there is likely on person who figures more updates, more views, more money)

Screw adf.ly. If you place adverts on the internet, don't place stupid adverts or fake stuff. But no, they don't, so, that's why i block adverts on adf'ly. The adverts i got here were only lingerie-adverts. :(

I just use Adblock Plus. Ads annoy the hell out of me.