Automatic Cake Factory

Marz

Hello!

I've been working on an automatic cake factory, but i can't figure out, how to provide BuildCraft's automatic workbench with more milk, because it isn't stackable.

Anyone got any ideas how to overcome this problem? ; (

If you use Logistic Pipes you can set a Chest next to the Crafting Table to be a "Satelitte" with the Satellite Pipe. Then tell your Crafting Pipe at your Crafting Table to get the Milk from the Satellite. Remember to set the same Satellite ID to both the Chest and the Crafting Pipe.

Milking cows is not a problem ;] There are many ways to do this... The already mentioned deployer, for example.

But i don't get how the logistic pipes work. Does anybody have a tutorial of some sort?

@Edit;

already found one, and from what i checked, it is still impossible : /

Wish you could transport liquid milk through pipes, and that you could right-click place milk buckets to get liquid milk... o.O mod idea

Think what people would immediately do.

Just think for a few seconds.

...heh.

Whats the 'unsolvable' part?

The unsolvable part is, that buildcraft's automatic table doesn't know how to spit out the empty buckets, because it wont just use milk you put in as a recipie.

It also won't use the milk you put in at the beginning, because it would destroy the recipie .

Quick question, has anyone tried getting an IC2 pump to pull milk from a tank into buckets?

I had a setup, before 2.0, that used an automatic crafting table to make bog earth. I just stuck an IC2 pump next to the input chest so the bucket inside would get filled as fast as the pump could go.

Nah, bro, I was obviously suggesting people would make a sea of melted butter.

Haha now I'm trying to imagine what anyone would even do with a sea of melted butter. Maybe someone will make a Toastcraft mod? Ooh! Ooh! Or an ultra-realism mod involving the most efficient ways to clog an artery!

Quick question, has anyone tried getting an IC2 pump to pull milk from a tank into buckets?

I had a setup, before 2.0, that used an automatic crafting table to make bog earth. I just stuck an IC2 pump next to the input chest so the bucket inside would get filled as fast as the pump could go.

Are you using log pipes on your setup?

The automatic crafting table will use full buckets of water or lava from an attached chest, and deposit the empty buckets there. Why will this not work with milk buckets? Note, that you will need 6 buckets of milk total: 3 in the crafting table for the recipe, and 3 in the chest. Then it should be able to craft cake.

The automatic crafting table will use full buckets of water or lava from an attached chest, and deposit the empty buckets there. Why will this not work with milk buckets? Note, that you will need 6 buckets of milk total: 3 in the crafting table for the recipe, and 3 in the chest. Then it should be able to craft cake.

IT IS ALIVE! : D

I will most certainly post the whole thing when it's ready : )

Haha now I'm trying to imagine what anyone would even do with a sea of melted butter. Maybe someone will make a Toastcraft mod? Ooh! Ooh! Or an ultra-realism mod involving the most efficient ways to clog an artery!

I'm sure Notch would find it useful.