How to set up a Tekkit server Step-by-step guide [Win 7] [Images]

Viderizer

So I saw few threads asking why their server doesn't install (etc. not finding "java" command), so I decided to make a step-by-step guide with images. Sorry if a thread like this exists already, I didn't find it.

HINT: Click the images to see them full-size

Step 1

Open your Control Panel.

1.png

Step 2

Type "Advanced" in to the search field and press "View advanced system settings"

2.png

Step 3

Press the "Enviroment variables" button

3.png

Step 4

Find "Path" from the System variables list and hit "Edit"

4.png

Step 5

Into the Value end, add "[tt];[/tt]" and then add path to your java /bin directory dependant from your Java version. For me, what I should add is this:

Java6: "[tt];C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin[/tt]"

Java7: "[tt];C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin[/tt]"

5.png

Step 6

Now, hit "Ok" in every dialog and you are done! Now you should be able to launch the server installer from the .bat file.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, accidently deleted the original path variable. What have I done? why? and how do I undo it? Please help!

Why did you do it? You were raised by wolves. Don't worry. Feral people make these mistakes all the time.

Hello, I'm ok with computers (at least, good enough to follow instructions), but after following your very handy guide I keep coming across this issue in the cmd box:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\jline_git-Bukkit-1_1-R4-b1938jnks.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit.dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

then various 'at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load<Native Method>' type lines.

Any ideas?

Ok so. I have run Vanilla Minecraft Servers on our LAN party occasionally. I'm ok with these type of things.

I ran the Tekkit Server and try to connect to it with my own Tekkit Client using 'localhost' (that works in Vanilla if you are using the server computer) but now it tries to connect but it says

"Disconnected by Server:

You are missing the following mods:

(a lot of mods, basically all of them)" :'(

But it is not true. I can play them all with the Singleplayer. Please can someone help me. I seriously don't know what to do. ???

Oh, and I have Windows 7 64bit and Java 64bit

Please note: If PATH isn't working for you, you can always directly point toward your java.exe in Tekkit's batch file.

Please make sure you that you can see java.exe

Version 7 64-bit:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe

Version 6 64-bit:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe

Version 7 32-bit:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin

Version 6 32-bit

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin

Hello, I'm ok with computers (at least, good enough to follow instructions), but after following your very handy guide I keep coming across this issue in the cmd box:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\jline_git-Bukkit-1_1-R4-b1938jnks.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit.dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

then various 'at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load<Native Method>' type lines.

Any ideas?

I am having this exact problem, and even after some heavy research I cannot seem to find the solution to this problem. Would apreciate some help :)

Ok so. I have run Vanilla Minecraft Servers on our LAN party occasionally. I'm ok with these type of things.

I ran the Tekkit Server and try to connect to it with my own Tekkit Client using 'localhost' (that works in Vanilla if you are using the server computer) but now it tries to connect but it says

"Disconnected by Server:

But it is not true. I can play them all with the Singleplayer. Please can someone help me. I seriously don't know what to do. ???

Your tekkit client isn't the right version. Go into options in the launcher, and manually choose the latest build.

You could see this if you check the server mod versions against your client mod versions. IC 1.70 vs 1.71 is the first big clue.

Your tekkit client isn't the right version. Go into options in the launcher, and manually choose the latest build.

You could see this if you check the server mod versions against your client mod versions. IC 1.70 vs 1.71 is the first big clue.

I have this problem. How do i fix it? I will love you forever if you get this working for me.

I am having this exact problem, and even after some heavy research I cannot seem to find the solution to this problem. Would apreciate some help :)

Ok I solved this issue. First I worked out whether my Windows was 32 bit or 64 bit. It was 64. Then I downloaded Java 7 DK and installed. Then I changed the PATH ending to this 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe' after reading the advice from JackNapierX.

It now works and says it has correctly loaded. But, and I may be a total idiot here, I don't know what to do next.

What is my server info? Where can I find it? I tried creating a new server with my IP but that didn't work. I have never hosted a server for anything before so I am really a noob at this.

Any help would be great, I'm so close!

You don't need to specify an IP or port in the server configs (unless you need to, which, from what your posts say, you don't need to), so there's no issue there. What exactly are you having problems with? Connecting? It sounds like you've already got the thing running, and now you just need to connect from inside the LAN/WAN or from outside your network. Correct? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I'm having this problem as well, I have redownloaded jre7 and set up PATHs and everything. Any help would be appreciated!

"Disconnected by Server:

Open up the Technic launcher.

Click options.

Click always use development builds

Log on to Tekkit.

Enjoy your server.