Never Enough Items "lag"

Hey everyone.

I'm quite an avid tekkit/techic user.

I've always had this problem which feels rather wierd to me. While trying to search an item using NEI, whilst typing, the game around me lags, and makes the typing go really slow in general. I've tried using different texture packs including the normal one, but its always like that.

Minecraft normally doesnt lag for me, it only takes about 20% of my CPU, and I find it wierd that I only lag when I type in NEI to search for items.

Is there a way I can fix this? Honestly, its very annoying for me.

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

I propose the authors/developers put a delay on the time you type to the time it actually searches for something. Simply searching "conden" Will make it search:

450 items that have a C

200 items that have a co

120 items that have cond

and only the handful of items from there on.

By telling it to wait a second after you stop typing to start the search, you can skip about 800 items, almost making it instant, instead of the frame-dropping moment, that will sometimes even miss your keystrokes

I propose the authors/developers put a delay on the time you type to the time it actually searches for something. Simply searching "conden" Will make it search:

450 items that have a C

200 items that have a co

120 items that have cond

and only the handful of items from there on.

By telling it to wait a second after you stop typing to start the search, you can skip about 800 items, almost making it instant, instead of the frame-dropping moment, that will sometimes even miss your keystrokes

We don't code the mods. go talk to chickenbones if you have an idea for NEI, but nobody here can do anything about it directly.