The ultimate solution

Sovietcheese

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "skilled coders" have failed us, sorry if this sounds a bit like the nazi party but this really is the 'final solution'.

Well, that was fast. I don't believe i've ever seen godwin's law in effect this quickly.

also,

/me reads this thread

/me has lost any hope of ever regaining faith in humanity

Good bye cruel internets

/me slits his throat

Well, that was fast. I don't believe i've ever seen godwin's law in effect this quickly.

also,

/me reads this thread

/me has lost any hope of ever regaining faith in humanity

Good bye cruel internets

/me slits his throat

Oh this guy is a regular. Sovietcheese is his 3rd or 4th account, all of which popped on, complained about trains and zeppelins (and once tried to get us to add the mcdonalds mod O_o). The only reason we haven't bothered stopping him from coming back is the fact that he has a Whalebox Moment ratio higher than 60%. It's really pretty astounding.

Firstly, I'd just like to say that I love the internet, I was sat here bored and then I found this thread.

Second, OP how do you think the world works, did someone email you and inform you that your suddenly in charge of everything, cos dude I got that email too and it's a scam.

Thirdly, thank you technic forums for reminding me that although we're all equal, I'm still better than a lot of people morons.

No reputable programmer would touch a "Please take this other guy's stuff and make it work for me because I want it" with a adventurer's standard 20ft pole.

Anyone who would take the job would have a 90% chance of adding a rootkit and other nastyness to the mod because only black market programmers would disregard code ownership like that.

If you want these so badly go talk to the modders yourself and ask them how much people would have to donate before they made their mods latest-forge/bukkit enabled.

Or hire one of those freelancers to make a new mod that does those things.

I wholeheartedly disagree with most of this, even setting aside the gross generalization.

First of all, making X work with Y has nothing to do with code ownership. (I'm not talking about a legal definition: I don't care about that.) You are fundamentally altering neither X nor Y. If someone were to take X, rip it apart, and claim it as their own, then sure, that would be wrong, but the case of "the original modder won't use popular API Foobar" or "the original modder has left the community and declined to release the source code", it's not wrong at all.

Considering that I myself have several times done exactly that, decompiling/editing/recompiling multiple mods/patches together not only without permission but without even bothering to try to get it or care if I could, I'm not sure whether you're referring to me as disreputable or black-market. Or is that what makes me a "creativity rapist"?

As soon as money changes hands it becomes a for profit venture, with a clearly defined minimum damages (whatever was paid for the work) and a big 'ol bullseye painted on the back of "john doe, freelance coder c++/java/python, chicago area and beyond! also available for parties, weddings, and bar mitzvahs"

Money is the difference. You could be James Gosling himself and it wouldn't matter, once money starts shifting around it's legalities that come into question, not skills/morals.

Ever sat in on a government contractor meeting before? Both sides cover their asses so vehemently you'd think they had the prettiest little behinds of all the lifers in cell block D.

I find it amazing that mods can cause such a feud amongst civilized people. Neutrality is my stance on I want to see mods like the "trains an zeppelins mod" as much as the next guy but Ranting and Raving about is no way to behave. And hiring a coder/modder/etc. to do it, while paying for is ridiculous just wait for it. it will make its unlikely, yet desired arrival to tekkit all the more fulfilling

Alright, who's taking odds that the new guy is our friend the cheese?

If you're not, I apologize, but I've become a little paranoid about this, and you're newness, making a beeline straight to this thread and speech patterns aren't helping my paranoia much.

Alright, who's taking odds that the new guy is our friend the cheese?

If you're not, I apologize, but I've become a little paranoid about this, and you're newness, making a beeline straight to this thread and speech patterns aren't helping my paranoia much.

its ok Gotyaoi I am not the Cheese. I happened on this thread by happenstance. I did not mean to rustle any jimmies :D