Why use hamachi?

Tyl3r684

I was talking to some earlier about there server and they said, would you like to join, m ebeing nice and saying, sure! They gave me a name and password, and say join that hamachi network, I was like oh man, is it a cracked server? They replied, No but hamachi makes it lag less and it's a bunch easier to use.

I was like *FACEPALM*

Any thoughts on this?

If you can't port forward past your firewall, then hamachi is the only simple solution. And even if you are capable of port forwarding, not everyone can do it without screwing something up.

What I want to know is why do you assume any server over hamachi is a "cracked" server?

If you can't port forward past your firewall, then hamachi is the only simple solution. And even if you are capable of port forwarding, not everyone can do it without screwing something up.

What I want to know is why do you assume any server over hamachi is a "cracked" server?

I would say that %80 of normal mc servers that use hamachi are cracked.

Offline/capable of handling a cracked client. I think your 80% number is off. I use Hamachi because my apartment internet is difficult to route around, and it presents a decent solution to the problem. The Hamachi server is always online, also, so I don't have to worry about my router dying while I'm not at home to reset/configure it.

Hrm, I was under the impression only the client needed the crack.

Anyway, the mods that bypass the mojang drm are made for vanilla minecraft, not the heavily modified tekkit client. Infact just chucking a mod of any sort into the minecraft.jar file is just begging for a whitescreen crash on startup.

Not saying cracks that work on tekkit doesn't exist, but the launcher alone makes using non-legit accounts really hard.

Also, hamachi isn't exactly a requirement for using a cracked client. Maybe you should look for vanilla servers somewhere more reputable.

So stop assuming hamachi is a tool only pirates use. In some cases it's your best or only option for problem free self hosting.

Hamachi is really easy to use, which is why it gets used so often by people who make really low effort servers (and posts). There's nothing wrong with hamachi.

Also, it WORKS. Some people (myself included) can forward all the ports they want, nothing will happen. This is a way for them to enjoy games with friends without having to deal with asshole admins or just plain assholes.

Also, it WORKS. Some people (myself included) can forward all the ports they want, nothing will happen. This is a way for them to enjoy games with friends without having to deal with asshole admins or just plain assholes.

And that's fine. the problem comes in when people take their server like that and post "awsum server hamchi only no asshole EVERYTHING ENABLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]]]]]]]]] (sory my !key bork) 192.168.1.1"

I was talking to some earlier about there server and they said, would you like to join, m ebeing nice and saying, sure! They gave me a name and password, and say join that hamachi network, I was like oh man, is it a cracked server? They replied, No but hamachi makes it lag less and it's a bunch easier to use.

I was like *FACEPALM*

Any thoughts on this?

I did not say it makes it lag less, It's easy to use yes and free for someone learning how to set up and add plugins and permissions. Why go out and spend $15.00 a month on a server that may or may not be used when I can use Hamachi and learn how to do what I want the correct way without spending a shit ton of money. Also Port forwarding is not something I have decided to learn yet.

I am like *FACEPALM*

And that's fine. the problem comes in when people take their server like that and post "awsum server hamchi only no asshole EVERYTHING ENABLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]]]]]]]]] (sory my !key bork) 192.168.1.1"

That ip made my day lmao.

I've used hamachi & it's cool but I didn't really like it.

I did not say it makes it lag less, It's easy to use yes and free for someone learning how to set up and add plugins and permissions. Why go out and spend $15.00 a month on a server that may or may not be used when I can use Hamachi and learn how to do what I want the correct way without spending a shit ton of money. Also Port forwarding is not something I have decided to learn yet.

I am like *FACEPALM*

Who said I was talking about you? Witch I am not, but still directing it towards yourself?