HV solar machine

made1nquebec

And how does this machine serves a purpose beside making a HV solar panels, meaning once you have it, you can produce moar UU matters, maing more HV solar panels and more crap.

Except that with HV solars, you can power a hugenormous forcefield, quantum armor, or a dozen other things that are more fun than "place collector, receive success"

Except that with HV solars, you can power a hugenormous forcefield, quantum armor, or a dozen other things that are more fun than "place collector, receive success"

Except that with HV solars, you cannot power a forcefield, quantum armor, or a dozen other things if the people are blocking the sunlight.

Except that with HV solars, you cannot power a forcefield, quantum armor, or a dozen other things if the people are blocking the sunlight.

so... stop them from blocking the sunlight instead of standing around being a doofus? It's not exactly a difficult task.

try without the collectors entirely

I'm not trying to dissuade you, the average tekkit user is not capable of building something like this. So, good job.

It's just my opinion that collectors and condensers are overpowered and should be avoided.

thanks im gonna connect this to 3-4 quarry but im gonna still need some rubber

It's funny that people say that condensers are overpowered, but then suggest UU-Matter. Given sufficient power and time, UU can be almost as powerful. This is especially true since the goal of this project is to create more HV solar arrays automatically. Take a look at direwolf20's latest Server Play series to see the abuse, there :D

It's funny that people say that condensers are overpowered, but then suggest UU-Matter. Given sufficient power and time, UU can be almost as powerful. This is especially true since the goal of this project is to create more HV solar arrays automatically. Take a look at direwolf20's latest Server Play series to see the abuse, there :D

This is partly true. Yes UU can be extremely powerful. But only in the case where someone builds a machine like this. Not impossible, but way way more complicated than a single recipe for a condenser.

Also, there is one important distinction. UU matter only lets you make specific items out of UU matter. Condensers let you make anything out of anything.

This is partly true. Yes UU can be extremely powerful. But only in the case where someone builds a machine like this. Not impossible, but way way more complicated than a single recipe for a condenser.

Also, there is one important distinction. UU matter only lets you make specific items out of UU matter. Condensers let you make anything out of anything.

_Almost_ anything. Not all mod items have EMC values, while others still require processing (coal dust from coal, refining iron, building and compressing Mixed Metal Ingots, etc). I'm currently running the FTB insanity map, and this definitely pops up on me from time to time.

_Almost_ anything. Not all mod items have EMC values, while others still require processing (coal dust from coal, refining iron, building and compressing Mixed Metal Ingots, etc). I'm currently running the FTB insanity map, and this definitely pops up on me from time to time.

Yes, this is true.

But your disregarding my other distinction. Getting large amounts of UU is not all that easy unless you are capable of building a solar machine. Anybody who wants can follow a youtube video to make a dark room or mooshroom milker. As long as condensers can freely turn anything(with an emc value, which includes something like 99% of base ingredients) into anything else(same), instead of just one hard to get thing into some other things, they will be far more powerful.

• 3 weeks later...

... this was a very entertaining thread to read. I personally think that EE is missing a time element with exchanging, so you have to spend some time to transmute things. I will have to side with UU matter folks. while EE is one of the funnest mods I've ever used, it's just too overpowered. with EE, you get free stuff from collectors. free! over time, this free stuff comes faster and faster, until you're making a red matter every second and you eat diamonds as if they were cereal. and to get started? 9 diamonds, 6 glowstone, a glass and a furnace. blam. free stuff. with UU matter, you need to make a mass fabricator, which is a pretty complicated recipe. after you made it, it doesn't just spit out UU matter, that stuff costs energy, and a lot of it. without using EE or superpowered redpower quarries, it can take a really long time to get to the duplication point. another thing, solar panels are complicated to make as well, and a HV solar array includes 512 of them. that's 8 stacks of solar panels. that's a lot of moolah. once you get there, then UU can be pretty powerful, but before that, there is a lot of work.

also, did you know that with a recycler, solar panel, two blocks of lapis lazuli and a skyblock you can make almost any item in the game?

no i didn't, Explain

with a recycler, you can make scrap. with scrap, scrapboxes. scrapboxes produce random items, and with a skyblock, you have wood and infinite cobble so you have plenty of material to scrap, and can make furnaces to cook stuff in. you can get all the items that you except for lapis need to make a mass fab with scrapboxes, but it will take a lot of time and a lot of cobble. you technically only need ten lapis for a mass fabricator, but I prefer to give it out in blocks. that way you can more easily decorate a loot chest with it. pretty much the only things you can't make from a recycler are silver and nikolite. I also like to include an electric wrench in case you want to move your solar recycler. this is all without equivalent exchange doodads. :P