NoopDawg77

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the yog's and when it got to season to I just couldn't take

the screaming anymore. Once in a while I will click a vid of theirs now

and as soon as a scream, to loud of a noise, ::clicks stop::

direwolf20, I watch his vids they are informative, but starting to loose interest

it almost seams its the same thing. When I compare season 1 to now yes things have changed but

it still feels the same.

I am hooked on the Hermitcraft server though (all players on there are pretty good), and one of them might start doing a tekkit lp (not saying who) or technic depends on if he gets others. Looking at their builds,

and learning redstone wiring, that's a plus in my book.

Direwolf20 has more knowledge about the mods he plays then Yogscast. All of them (Yogscast) have no real clue what they're doing. They're entertaining though, but people like Rythian get spoken of as being pro at EE, when he doesn't even know a transmutation tablet can burn items for EMC (places items 8 at a time in the left slot)

Sips and Sjin are by far the most entertaining of the bunch. Simon and Lewis banter is getting old...

My opinion anyway haha.

Hello, by the way :)

Direwolf20 has more knowledge about the mods he plays then Yogscast. All of them (Yogscast) have no real clue what they're doing. They're entertaining though, but people like Rythian get spoken of as being pro at EE, when he doesn't even know a transmutation tablet can burn items for EMC (places items 8 at a time in the left slot)

Sips and Sjin are by far the most entertaining of the bunch. Simon and Lewis banter is getting old...

My opinion anyway haha.

Hello, by the way :)

Duncan knows tekkit quite a bit. The rest of the yogscast... not so much.

Yogscast are great entertainment. Not all that educational (you can learn some stuff from Duncan's series but its more newbie-oriented) but quite entertaining and has a good production value. Direwolf20 has some interesting builds and he's okay at mod spotlights, but god damn he's very boring, even moreso when he's trying to be entertaining (like his little enderman spiels at the end of each season) than when he's actually building. And the bees... Oh god the bees. He spends more time just moving bees around than he does actually making anything. Also his show has little to no production value. He doesn't record in the proper resolution, his sound quality isn't great, and he does a ton of awkward jump cuts, usually a jump cut where he says "I'll be right back for build B!" but then he jump cuts to him saying "oh and one more thing about build A, blah blah blah... okay now I'll be right back with build B!" then another jump to "Oh and I just noticed I'm out of wax capsules, so lets go see how our bees are doing. I'll do most of this off camera" then he proceeds to do 10 minutes of bees on camera then does another jump cut finally to Build B without any more off camera work.

He cuts all the bee stuff out now, not sure what season and episode you were on but yeah, more people felt like you and he cut pretty much all bee stuff out after.

Which is unfortunate by the way, much rather see him tend to bees then doing yet another auto sorting system.

He cuts all the bee stuff out now, not sure what season and episode you were on but yeah, more people felt like you and he cut pretty much all bee stuff out after.

Which is unfortunate by the way, much rather see him tend to bees then doing yet another auto sorting system.

About halfway through season 4. But you brought up another good point: Each eason he just pretty much does the same thing over again. A couple new builds here and there, but a lot of just maintenance on stuff that he's already done the previous season. Wipe the world, create a new one, make a few 9x9s, get a sorting system going... yeah thanks we've seen that all before do something interesting >.>

About halfway through season 4. But you brought up another good point: Each eason he just pretty much does the same thing over again. A couple new builds here and there, but a lot of just maintenance on stuff that he's already done the previous season. Wipe the world, create a new one, make a few 9x9s, get a sorting system going... yeah thanks we've seen that all before do something interesting >.>

This is news to me. Does the 10 by 10 RGB laser and redpower display screen not count? What about his frame quarry and fallout bunker? What episodes of his have you watched?

My favorite was the transdimensional railway system.

This is news to me. Does the 10 by 10 RGB laser and redpower display screen not count? What about his frame quarry and fallout bunker? What episodes of his have you watched?

My favorite was the transdimensional railway system.

I think you missed what I said... I said there are some new builds but a lot of it is repeats.

I think you missed what I said... I said there are some new builds but a lot of it is repeats.

Repeats if you're only watching the first bit of the season and then giving up. He made it out to 106 episodes with season 4.

Even DW himself said in one of the FTB videos (shot early in Season 4) that he wanted to show more exciting stuff, but couldn't because he was just early in the cycle of creating the Minecraft world.

Repeats if you're only watching the first bit of the season and then giving up. He made it out to 106 episodes with season 4.

Even DW himself said in one of the FTB videos (shot early in Season 4) that he wanted to show more exciting stuff, but couldn't because he was just early in the cycle of creating the Minecraft world.

Exactly. Not much you can do when you're still punching trees.

Exactly. Not much you can do when you're still punching trees.

You can cut that part out... There isn't some rule that says a new season has to start over from scratch, especially on a show that has more of an educational goal than entertainment. Just a simple "If you want to learn how to make these machines that I already have, check season x episodes y and z!"

That reminds me of another thing I dislike about direwolf: The episode naming. You can't tell by title what builds are in what episodes it's just "season 6 episode 51263"

Hidden

You expect him to forgo revenue from uploading videos of punching trees when hordes are willing to watch them?

You know, not all youtubers are greedy bastards that make videos for money. Take TotalBiscuit and Jesse Cox for example. TB has a job as a professional journalist, and has said many times that he doesn't make videos for money. Jesse is a professional voice actor working for blizzard, so YouTube is most likely not his main source of income, or even a significant source of income.

You know, not all youtubers are greedy bastards that make videos for money. Take TotalBiscuit and Jesse Cox for example. TB has a job as a professional journalist, and has said many times that he doesn't make videos for money. Jesse is a professional voice actor working for blizzard, so YouTube is most likely not his main source of income, or even a significant source of income.

Congratulations on not knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

1) He doesn't have to be greedy to utilize an easy source of income. Greedy would be five-minute videos with ads on every one.

2) Jesse does not work for Blizzard, though he keeps wanting to do jobs for them, and there may be one in the future if his cards line up.

3) Jesse does in fact get a significant amount of money from YouTube, enough to sustain his life, because jobs are few and far between.

Which you would know if you actually watched Jesse's videos, because he said these things in his Q&As.

TotalHalibut/TotalBiscuit/John Bain makes all his money from YouTube. It's his company, and he got it to support his wife and stepson after he was deported back to Great Britain for a misunderstanding and had no job (And couldn't stand minimum-wage BS). His YouTube videos began quickly gaining popularity and he could put ads on them so he was able to make some money off that. As he became more and more famous he eventually made YouTube his career.

His small company (Just himself and his wife IIRC, not including a lawyer if necessary) is the primary source of income for his household, and it's supplemented by things like PAX and E3 (Although one could argue that's part of his company. Whatever). Also he recently moved back to America and now lives with his wife and stepson once more.

Now you know about John Bain, AKA TotalHalibut, AKA TotalBiscuit. Next time do your research - I literally got all this from his mailbox videos I keep up-to-date on. (Similar to OMFGcata's Q & A I assume, although only rarely is TB asked about his life and not about gaming issues/topics/etc.)

The hordes don't seem to think that the tree-punching is low quality. If they're willing to watch them and it genuinely entertains the majority time after time, then I don't see why he shouldn't create the videos.

But does it genuinely entertain the hordes? Or do they watch simply because they know it will lead into better stuff?

I feel that Yogscast is more about a bunch of characters in a minecraft world - not only in their series but also in other episodes, you get a feeling that it's about the _characters_; Sjin doesn't feel like the guy sitting in front of his computer playing minecraft and talking about it, but rather as the guy running around punching trees. Basically, the yogscast is about telling stories taking place in minecraft. Lewis isn't a stupid player, he's a stupid character.

Direwolf on the other hand feels very much like a player playing minecraft. His videos are about spreading information.

They're completely different genres. It's a bit like the difference between watching a trial and watching Law & Order.