Yogscast vs Direwolf20

NoopDawg77

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem I have with Direwolf20 is that he keeps going for the schadenfreude approach in his Let's Plays, while I'm just like "Oh, just get on with it already"

However, he is usually very very good at mod showcases.

As for Yogscast, detrimental personal experiences aside, they are there for the entertainment value, and I thought they were getting a bit stale,

but now Simon and Lewis are making more content with the rest of the team, which is encouraging.

Problem I have with Direwolf20 is that he keeps going for the schadenfreude approach in his Let's Plays, while I'm just like "Oh, just get on with it already"

However, he is usually very very good at mod showcases.

As for Yogscast, detrimental personal experiences aside, they are there for the entertainment value, and I thought they were getting a bit stale,

but now Simon and Lewis are making more content with the rest of the team, which is encouraging.

Okay Darth, I already asked a few times, but I haven't had a satisfying answer.

Why are all your sentences separated by a space?

Like this.

This is a tremendous waste of virtual space.

im a fan of yogscast but they act like idiots all the time and it annoys me but i like direwolf20 hes my favourtie, he explains stuff whilst hes building and plays with major modders :-), i know for a fact that direwolf needs to be recognized more

that's an opinion, not a fact

direwolf, i inspire to make a lets play like his. He shows and teaches me a lot about technic.

Yogscast, i use to love them then they had the falling out with Notch, then i realised how they were drama queens. and that more then half of their stuff is scripted.

direwolf, i inspire to make a lets play like his. He shows and teaches me a lot about technic.

Yogscast, i use to love them then they had the falling out with Notch, then i realised how they were drama queens. and that more then half of their stuff is scripted.

Uh, the drama about the minecon was mostly invented by the community because it sucks, Notch nor the Yogcast was really terrible in this story. At least, that was my understanding of it.

The yogscast were cussing around little kids. In my opinion, that is a good thing. We need people who have balls to lead us not losers who don't want to hear a bad word. When I have a kid, one day (Unless I become gay or whatever), I will make sure he can smoke all the pot he wants and watch all the action movies he wants; he will be the next president I bet.

PULSE' SON 2052

I never really watch direwolf because video tutorials are not really my thing, love the watch the yogscast really entertaining to me.

As for that drama well people like the yogscast, that kinda cussing and stuff dosn't seem like a big deal to people like them (i should know). If am correct am sure the drama came from notch posting a few moany twitters and then all the fans kinda just raged(probably more to it maby), had nothing really to do with notch or the yogscast, just like most other internet drama its usally caused by the fans/comuinty not the ones involved.

Direwolf has almost no entertainment value towards him, although he does make some cool things he just has his serious face on all the time, yeah Yogscast are idiots and can't do anything right/efficient really, but that's what makes it fun to watch, to know what they did wrong and to make sure that you don't do the exact same thing. That's why I only watch Direwofl's mod reviews, but I watch the Yogscast's everything else.

Direwolf has almost no entertainment value towards him, although he does make some cool things he just has his serious face on all the time, yeah Yogscast are idiots and can't do anything right/efficient really, but that's what makes it fun to watch, to know what they did wrong and to make sure that you don't do the exact same thing. That's why I only watch Direwofl's mod reviews, but I watch the Yogscast's everything else.

Are you, per chance, masochistic?

I enjoy some of Direwolf 20's Let's Plays and he has introduced me to some rather interesting mods I would not of otherwise known of. Like with the Doggy Talents mod I now have a use for the dogs rather than making them fancy statues that bark and stare at me wherever I go or be absolute idiots and get killed by lava...though they do make good creeper fodder... that's the plus I see for Direwolf20. The down side? He puts me to sleep! I'm not kidding, I can have so much caffeine in me it has to fight with my blood just get through my arteries and his voice and "long way" of doing things which makes me think “For the love of [insert religious figure of choice here] and dead puppies JUST GET ON WITH IT!”

As for the Yogcast I honestly cannot say much since I only saw only one episode and only then I was bored waiting on my Grandfather’s computer to restart. (I’m literally ashamed to call it that, if I had my way I’d call it a sorry excuse for scrap metal, also note it was about 30 minutes in because it’s so far messed up] Can’t remember who did what but over all it was rather strnage. Especially with that one guy’s affinity for dirt... (Keleptomy check anyone?)

Tl;DR:

I like Direwolf20’s let’s plays but I wish they did not knock me out with his “Speech” style of talking and agonizingly long method of getting stuff at times.

Yogcast is strange but then again the only episode I saw was with the whole stealing stuff and the creepy dirt fetishism....seriously...that guy [Who name, for the life of me I cannot remember] needs to get his keleptomy checked.