Help with getting diamonds for Energy Collecters

Nick Manning

God. Yes, I do. You obviously don't get my question.

Your question is "How can I get diamonds most quickly to finance additional specialized diamond making machines?"

The answer is rather blatantly clearly "by making them in your specialized diamond making machines."

If you found a faster way, then it would be silly anyway to spend the diamonds you get on more collectors. Instead, wouldn't it make most sense to invest the diamonds in more of whatever machines you used instead of the collectors? That's why this thread is so bizarre. the solution is either very very obvious, or null and void since you wouldn't want more collectors anyway.

7000EMC/??MINUTE?? Pchht. If you macerate one blaze rod, which takes less time if you have upgrades or use the advanced rotary macerator, you get 5 blaze powder. So by doing that, you gain 2034 EMC, which is equal to one iron block. So by doing that at least 4 times, I already have created more EMC than that setup without using thousands of EMC. It also takes much less than a minute. So consider turning all those collectors back into EMC and instead macerate blaze rods?

7000EMC/??MINUTE?? Pchht. If you macerate one blaze rod, which takes less time if you have upgrades or use the advanced rotary macerator, you get 5 blaze powder. So by doing that, you gain 2034 EMC, which is equal to one iron block. So by doing that at least 4 times, I already have created more EMC than that setup without using thousands of EMC. It also takes much less than a minute. So consider turning all those collectors back into EMC and instead macerate blaze rods?

Except that macerating blaze rods is obviously a cheap exploitation of a miscommunication between mods. Everything in EE that comes directly from something else always adds up to exactly the same amount of total EMC. Blaze rods are only like that cause IC was not written with EE in mind. It's basically just a dupe glitch, and a lot of people explicitly ban it in particular.

Mine with buttloads of turtles. Macerate ores, dump everything into condensor. Best way to generate EMC until you have a sea of collectors.

I see you have flipped your avatar.

Except that macerating blaze rods is obviously a cheap exploitation of a miscommunication between mods. Everything in EE that comes directly from something else always adds up to exactly the same amount of total EMC. Blaze rods are only like that cause IC was not written with EE in mind. It's basically just a dupe glitch, and a lot of people explicitly ban it in particular.

But who knows the OP hasn't banned that? It's his server if I'm right.

It's all fun and games now Nick, but trust me, once you have effectively unlimited resources you will realize how pointless the game is when you have effectively unlimited resources. It gets to the point that you may as well just turn on NEI cheat mode and cheat in absolutely everything because you can easily afford it anyway. I understand the allure of free stuff, I got caught up in it myself for a few days... And now I have a world with 500,000,000 worth of EMC just sitting there unused in the form of Red Matter Furnaces. I no longer play the world because it is no longer fun. The free EMC just kinda ruins things.

I have gotten to the point that I use only 5 things from EE.. Philosopher's Stone, Transmutation Tablet (very sparingly), Swiftwolf's Rending Gale (for flight), a Klein Star (to power the ring), and an Anti-Matter Relay Mk III (to power the Klein Star). My relay is fed excess EMC from my mining and farming operations, so I really do pay for every second of flight it gives me. This is a much more satisfying solution to me than just getting a ton of free EMC by abusing the capabilities of energy condensors. This basically makes EE what it was originally intended to be, a system for exchanging mass amounts of valueless resources for a few valuable ones, instead of a method for pulling massive amounts of power out of thin air.

It's all fun and games now Nick, but trust me, once you have effectively unlimited resources you will realize how pointless the game is when you have effectively unlimited resources. It gets to the point that you may as well just turn on NEI cheat mode and cheat in absolutely everything because you can easily afford it anyway. I understand the allure of free stuff, I got caught up in it myself for a few days... And now I have a world with 500,000,000 worth of EMC just sitting there unused in the form of Red Matter Furnaces. I no longer play the world because it is no longer fun. The free EMC just kinda ruins things.

I have gotten to the point that I use only 5 things from EE.. Philosopher's Stone, Transmutation Tablet (very sparingly), Swiftwolf's Rending Gale (for flight), a Klein Star (to power the ring), and an Anti-Matter Relay Mk III (to power the Klein Star). My relay is fed excess EMC from my mining and farming operations, so I really do pay for every second of flight it gives me. This is a much more satisfying solution to me than just getting a ton of free EMC by abusing the capabilities of energy condensors. This basically makes EE what it was originally intended to be, a system for exchanging mass amounts of valueless resources for a few valuable ones, instead of a method for pulling massive amounts of power out of thin air.

Yes, the main reason I use EE on servers when I do is because I want to play tekkit in creative mode! I think clicking on walls or other things repetitively is a bloody waste of my time, and I just want to build cool contraptions, but okn a server where i can share them with others.

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a well-done, fully creative tekkit server that uses NEI (I can't stand actual creative mode), etc. At least not that I've ever seen.

Is EE a silly roundabout solution for that? Yeah. But if there's no better one, then too bad. It makes the most sense still.

Thus, ruthlessly exploiting EE is the closest I can get to creative on servers that actually exist. Which does not make the game "pointless" at all. Quite the opposite: it gives it the only point I care about... using my mind to intelligently design things instead of going through the motions of repetitive mining and crafting and vegetating into a slimy pool of boredom.

If you actually give a crap about "survival" though, then don't touch EE at all. NONE of it.

Not sure what you're talking about, everyone else flipped theirs at the same time.

Also I'm not sure why OP just doesn't spawn himself all this stuff creatively. I mean, it'd certainly save him a lot of time leaving the computer on.

I'm having it hosted by TreePuncher, so no need to have it on.

I see where you're coming from, but you were in single player. I'm playing with a couple of friends, and we all kind of specialize in our own things. I do EE and Redpower, so I kind of supply all of them. It's still fun, but if it ever gets out of hand, ill most likely stop generating. It's all good fun :D

I see where you're coming from, but you were in single player. I'm playing with a couple of friends, and we all kind of specialize in our own things. I do EE and Redpower, so I kind of supply all of them. It's still fun, but if it ever gets out of hand, ill most likely stop generating. It's all good fun :D

and also, there are things that don't have an EMC value that I have to make.

This small exploit I found involves gold.

Basically, in a collector, condense gold nuggets. Put Gold INGOTS in the bottom slots so that they will be turned into EMC. Then, use the nuggets you got to craft ingots again. Repeat. For each gold ingot you have, you get 5 EMC. If you have tons of gold, tons of EMC. Hook it up to a collector, even better!