Update status on mods

Bannanas

Hi there, listen to what I have to say first before you try to tell me I'm breaking the rules. I am NOT, I repeat NOT asking for a ETA for the technic launcher for 1.3. What I want to know has anyone made a list (That gets updated asap obviously) that has all the mods that have been updated for 1.3? If so can you please link me to the thread, or post a comment.

- Thanks

Having it all centralized would be awesome but the upkeep for checking versions could be staggering and as far as the Technic people doing it... Just a red and green list of "this is what's working, this is what's still not done"... Would be awesome but perhaps an amount of effort not fair for us to ask.

Haven't seen a video of them doing a cover of Gangnam Style yet so clearly they're working furiously to get this out. :D

Your in luck. I am planning on doing just such a thing.

But, for a mod to be in tekkit, 2 things have to happen to it.

It has to be updated to 1.3.2 AND it has to be ported to bukkit.

Some of the mods are updated to 1.3.2, but the mod version of bukkit, craftbukkit, is not updated.

So there would be nothing to put on the list since none of the mods are ready.

Here's the page where craftbukkit for 1.3.2 will be.

http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.3.2

Note: More and more of the mods are updated to 1.3.2 and craftbukkit is taking a long time to update.

If this continues for more than a few more days ill go ahead and make a thread anyway.

Most mods depend on Forge. The "problem" is that porting Forge isn't as simple as porting a normal mod. Forge edits a lot of base

files and you basically have to change all files of Forge by hand.

The reason why there is no new MCPC build yet is because the merging of single- and multiplayer. Normally cpw would just upgrade Forge by applying the changes Lex made to Forge to our Github repository. This time it does not work because Forge is almost "rewritten". cpw did the work for the MCPC builds in the past and he was now very busy with Forge Modloader (he is the developer).

Currently he is working on something new that might make porting obsolete, but it's in an very early state and might even be abandoned.

Your in luck. I am planning on doing just such a thing.

But, for a mod to be in tekkit, 2 things have to happen to it.

It has to be updated to 1.3.2 AND it has to be ported to bukkit.

Some of the mods are updated to 1.3.2, but the mod version of bukkit, craftbukkit, is not updated.

So there would be nothing to put on the list since none of the mods are ready.

Here's the page where craftbukkit for 1.3.2 will be.

http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.3.2

Note: More and more of the mods are updated to 1.3.2 and craftbukkit is taking a long time to update.

If this continues for more than a few more days ill go ahead and make a thread anyway.

That site seems to not load for me, says takes to long to respond? Is it down or does it work for you?

Yes we did. But this update is radically different from previous ones due to the combining of ssp and smp.

Its going to take longer than normal to get all the mods updated.

I dunno, most of the big ones seem to be going along pretty well... Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft, Mystcraft, Forestry... these have all been updated. RedPower isn't done yet but progress is well under way. Once that one's done I'll be happy with changing over :D

I dunno, most of the big ones seem to be going along pretty well... Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft, Mystcraft, Forestry... these have all been updated. RedPower isn't done yet but progress is well under way. Once that one's done I'll be happy with changing over :D

So, what you're saying is, the mods that are updating the fastest into this new SSP->SMP merged version are the ones that were already SMP. Yeah. No effin' shit, man.

So, what you're saying is, the mods that are updating the fastest into this new SSP->SMP merged version are the ones that were already SMP. Yeah. No effin' shit, man.

Buildcraft 3 wasn't exactly smp ready before 1.3... I catch your meaning, though. I think it would be more fair though to say that the mods that are updating the fastest are the ones that started working out the logistics of it as soon as possible.

Buildcraft 3 wasn't exactly smp ready before 1.3... I catch your meaning, though. I think it would be more fair though to say that the mods that are updating the fastest are the ones that started working out the logistics of it as soon as possible.

Buildcraft development for 1.2 was abandoned at a very early stage, and even bugfixes stopped, partly because they said "screw it, we need to do it for 1.3 anyway" and partly because Sengir was too busy with Forestry to bother with Buildcraft (as far as I can tell). That's why it seems so far ahead: It's had a lot more time to catch up to the rest of the already-SMP mods.