WTBL Want to buy a LAN

Tiberius_JN

Really hoping for a magical update to 1.3.1 with Tekkit, or Technic, so I can then Lan Minecraft with my lady.

In the mean time though does anyone have any spiffy ideal, or ideas on making lan Technic, or Tekkit, possible?

Would be deeply appreciative for any constructive feedback. Thank you.

P.S. I am aware of the waiting period between the mods being updated then Technic/Tekkit update. Just not entirely aware of any newly forming News.

So... I installed the Minecraft Server ran it, and this happens

[iNFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.3.2

[iNFO] Loading properties

[WARNING] server.properties does not exist

[iNFO] Generating new properties file

[iNFO] Default game type: SURVIVAL

[iNFO] Generating keypair

[iNFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565

[WARNING] Failed to load operators list: java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\ops.txt (The system cannot find the file specified)

[WARNING] Failed to load white-list: java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\white-list.txt (The system cannot find the file specified)

[iNFO] Preparing level "world"

[iNFO] Preparing start region for level 0

[iNFO] Preparing spawn area: 16%

[iNFO] Preparing spawn area: 36%

[iNFO] Preparing spawn area: 57%

[iNFO] Preparing spawn area: 77%

[iNFO] Preparing spawn area: 93%

[iNFO] Done (5.783s)! For help, type "help" or "?"

then when I try to add my own server, and join it with my IP address I get "Lost Connection". In-game it says "End of Stream"

I have Minecraft fixed at the moment to where all my Technic files are in the Minecraft folder. Would this be causing my issues?

Sigh...I've got to be missing something I've extracted the Tekkit Server 3.1.2 Folder and Launch it, it then brings up the CMD it then says

Press any key to continue... I hit any key then it just exits, and nothing else happens. Try to load up Tekkit Launcher click on my Characters Name Try to then Add the Server and it can't connect. I'm being a straight up noob...

Update: I clicked on Tekkit for the 3rd time now, and it finally decided to upload all of the files(In my tekkit server file). So I'm making appropiate changes at the moment to the Server file in notepad.

Let's hope this works i'm learning here.

Well It still just closes my CMD as soon as I click press any key to continue guess I will try restarting

Well Restarting did not help so after I click launch it loads the CMD I press any key to continue and boom closes and nothing happens.

Sigh...I've got to be missing something I've extracted the Tekkit Server 3.1.2 Folder and Launch it, it then brings up the CMD it then says

Press any key to continue... I hit any key then it just exits, and nothing else happens. Try to load up Tekkit Launcher click on my Characters Name Try to then Add the Server and it can't connect. I'm being a straight up noob...

Update: I clicked on Tekkit for the 3rd time now, and it finally decided to upload all of the files(In my tekkit server file). So I'm making appropiate changes at the moment to the Server file in notepad.

Let's hope this works i'm learning here.

Well It still just closes my CMD as soon as I click press any key to continue guess I will try restarting

Well Restarting did not help so after I click launch it loads the CMD I press any key to continue and boom closes and nothing happens.

The window says more than just "Press any key to continue", as that only happens after the server has either been manually stopped or has crashed.

EDIT - You have to keep the CMD window open while the server is running. That is your console, and the way to easily execute commands

This is what I'm currently doing. Left Click Tekkit_Server 3.1.2 Folder>Left Click Launch>Click Run>Click Allow=\cmd.exe opens

C:\Users\James Nunn00\Desktop\Tekkit_Server_3.1.2>java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Tekkit

.jar nogui

C:\Users\James Nunn00\Desktop\Tekkit_Server_3.1.2>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

I then Click any key and it just closes on me. =P

I have clicked tekkit in the folder so it has uploaded all of the files, and edited my Server file in Notepad only added my IP and changed difficulty, and I'm now stuck on this weird part.

Okay Yes I did that, but it wasn't with this Tekkit Server thing I followed a video and downloaded "Minecraft Server Downloaded 1.2.5 Bukkit" Extracted the "Java 7 64-Bit" left clicked "Start Server" did all that Jazz I was told to Stop after finishing everything, but when I tried to Reload Start Server up again it says this.

182 recipes

27 achievements

12:57:27 [iNFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.2.5

12:57:27 [iNFO] Loading properties

12:57:27 [iNFO] Starting Minecraft server on 192.186.1.4:25565

12:57:27 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!

12:57:27 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requ

ested address: JVM_Bind

12:57:27 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

>

But Then I read "gotyaoi"s comment on this thread, and then installed This Tekkit_Server 3.1.2 uploaded the files, and now I'm stuck here.

So I went to the Grocery Store to pick up some things for the house came back loaded into Tekkit, and it's working? lol ooooo goddddd... okay one last question is there anyway to Add a mod called 'DrZharks MoCreatures" to my server?

Do I need to put texturepacks in the server folder or anything special?

Hi I'm a new youtubest and I was wondering if you would support a fellow tekkit player by watching my new videos and comenting on them to help me out heres the link cheers

This is considered spam as it is not remotely related to the topic at hand.

Anyways forgot about adding any extra mods to my server, but I would like to know if there is any quick fixes on disabling not being able to destroy blocks near spawn points?

make the players you want to be able to break those blocks OPs using ops.txt, or change the protection radius to 0.

My server is up and running right. Although, I can't do things like type commands in my cmd.exe because each time I hit Launch in the tekkit server folder all it does is say "press any key to continue...". I even added in mods after it's been up and the mods load, and all, but I can't do things like grant myself OP since it closes it's cmd.exe instantly. Does anyone have an idea what I'm even talking about? lol

My server is up and running right. Although, I can't do things like type commands in my cmd.exe because each time I hit Launch in the tekkit server folder all it does is say "press any key to continue...". I even added in mods after it's been up and the mods load, and all, but I can't do things like grant myself OP since it closes it's cmd.exe instantly. Does anyone have an idea what I'm even talking about? lol

That's what freakachu was saying.

You need to navigate inside the Tekkit 3.1.2 folder (when the server is stopped) and open the file called "ops.txt". Once that is open, put your minecraft account name inside and save it. This is the list that the server uses to grant the permissions. Save, then start the server again. That account should now be able to execute the server commands from the chat line

See that's the odd thing. My server is up, and running I'm able to play on it, but I can't stop the server, because it's still stuck on "press any key to continue...". So basically my Server is functional, but I can't control it is what I'm trying to say. This is what I'm doing Tekkit Server Folder>Launch>(Opens cmd.exe)>

C:\Users\My Name\Desktop\Tekkit_Server_3.1.2>java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Tekkit

.jar nogui

C:\Users\My Name\Desktop\Tekkit_Server_3.1.2>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

>Then it closes when I press any key to continue.

Open the command prompt (Start -> "cmd.exe" or Windows Key + R -> "cmd.exe"), and tell us the output of "java -version". Next, assuming it works normally and you get something like "java version 1.7.0_05"/etc, navigate to "C:\Users\<username>\Desktop\Tekkit_Server_3.1.2" and tell us what happens when you run "java -jar Tekkit.jar".

So odd how I was able to get the Server up and running on my girlfriends PC in 5 minutes, but this has turned into such a cluster. Nevertheless, I typed in "java -version" and it didn't work actually it asked for admin permission and of course I said yes then nothing happened. I am running the latest Java 1.7.0_06 though. If it makes this easier is there any possible way I can wipe all of this data, and restart? I have even tried to system restore my PC back before I started these configurations, and no help. I'm assuming maybe I would have to delete Java and reinstall since running the server seems like a Java Process thats corrupted somehow?

Tried reinstalling java it didn't help any still the same old jazz stuck on "press any key to continue..."