Better Than Wolf Mod?

Fenris SilverTail

Notice the warning above his post.

as do I and again, it was simply something I could not control my inner child for. Next time I will exert more control over myself. So help me Je...wait, can I say the name of my lord and savior here or is the server run outside of the US?

A meme that now no longer exists on this thread.

Getting back to the discussion; BTW does not need to be on technic/tekkit simply because it is designed to be incompadable. I dont even think people want to make PATCHES for it.

*Cough* The meme is still there *Cough*

On-topic: There really isn't that much to be said here, FC doesn't want it compatible and it likely won't ever be compatible.

On-topic: There really isn't that much to be said here, FC doesn't want it compatible and it likely won't ever be compatible.

not only that, but what can it offer besides what to me looks like obvious gimp armor? wolf blocks? I'm sure the ID codes would conflict with something.

not only that, but what can it offer besides what to me looks like obvious gimp armor? wolf blocks? I'm sure the ID codes would conflict with something.

With ID Resolver ID's are not really an issue any more. The reason it is so incompatible is because of the amount of base class edits it uses.

I took a computer programing class and still don't understand what the classes are really, but I do get the basic idea of how easily they can screw shit up.

Well the issue is essentially that if two mods attempt to edit the same base class, there will be crashes and errors. It is theoretically possible to make everything compatible(within reason) but it would entail a lot of work figuring out what mod edits what code and then editing the base class with all of the different edits.

Classes are basically the files that make minecraft run. Base class edits are edits to the original minecraft code. A base class edit doesn't add a block to the game, it literally changes the way the game works. Now if you do this correctly, you can end up with a great mod that is compatible with most things. But usually, mods don't implement too many base class edits, as they screw up things. It can be easier and simpler to just add a new class instead. BTW changes the way vanilla code works. And it doesn't do it a little bit, it does it alot. The two hardest things in coding a minecraft mod are vanilla code (reading it and doing base class edits) and tile entities.