Tekkit Legends, Multicraft status problem

FaresSpeed

Question

Hi,
I tried to setup my server in multicraft and sadly, I couldn't figure a way to fix this annoying problem
this problem isn't about the setting of the modpack, everything is just fine it's all about multicraft and how it gets that the server is actually up
it gets stuck for some reasons in loading mode which disable the chat but the console works fine
here's the logs
  http://www.mediafire.com/download/s7u3ccm10urfsx8/fml-server-latest.log
to save your time from reading it the server is fine, but it won't show up in multicraft for some reasons that I don't know
the modpack isn't the problem as it seems, and cauldron.jar and kcauldron.jar had the same problem too, it seems like it only happen with 1.7.10 mc as I made a B-Team server already and it works fine
I know what happen with cauldron, but it doesn't explain why multicraft is stuck in loading mode.
I have few things I haven't tried which it's the conf file in multicraft jar
as I have no idea where to get it and how to set it up as I haven't tried it before
so any ideas?

Edited by FaresSpeed

3 answers to this question

Hi,
I tried to setup my server in multicraft and sadly, I couldn't figure a way to fix this annoying problem
this problem isn't about the setting of the modpack, everything is just fine it's all about multicraft and how it gets that the server is actually up
it gets stuck for some reasons in loading mode which disable the chat but the console works fine
here's the logs
  http://www.mediafire.com/download/s7u3ccm10urfsx8/fml-server-latest.log
to save your time from reading it the server is fine, but it won't show up in multicraft for some reasons that I don't know
the modpack isn't the problem as it seems, and cauldron.jar and kcauldron.jar had the same problem too, it seems like it only happen with 1.7.10 mc as I made a B-Team server already and it works fine
I know what happen with cauldron, but it doesn't explain why multicraft is stuck in loading mode.
I have few things I haven't tried which it's the conf file in multicraft jar
as I have no idea where to get it and how to set it up as I haven't tried it before
so any ideas?

I've had that problem too. I fixed it by buying more RAM

Buying more RAMs won't fix a multicraft problem, as the server works fine and it only needs 4GB RAMs at least
I think this is not the right place to ask about this issue

anyway thanks, I guess... :\

You say that doesn't fix it. I try to fix it, thats how it works :D

Allright, first things first. The error in your log is the following:
The world 370d2070 (world) may have leaked: first encounter (5 occurences).

So this means some mod screws up the unloading of your world, if you have a shady mod in your modpack that alters these kind of actions, try to remove it.

I found this too:
You can fix this by making sure the worlds never unload.

1. Start server
  2. Go to dimension (nether, end, twilight forest, ..)
  3. Place loader (make sure with /chunkloaders that it is properly doing its job)
  4. Stop server
  5. Start server (there shouldn't be any more world leakage)

My guess is that when a world unloads some mod does not properly do so and keeps a reference to the old world. Then, after loading the world again, there are two versions. Placing items (only really seen it with chunk loading blocks) crashes the client and freaks the server out, which results in regenerated chunks. Again, all my speculation, based on the post by Nallar I quoted above.

There is also this program you can try to use to fix it:

http://www.ej-technologies.com/products/jprofiler/overview.html

I hope this does help you ;),

Greetings from holland