So, what're you watching? [The TV & Movies thread]

The_DarthMoogle

Better not be Babestation.

So hey, TV sucks. New media FTW. Watch everything online illegally until media companies take their heads out of their arses, make everything free for everyone, then have premium rate advertising and referrals.

I've recently been mooching my way through Castle (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1219024/), and am having a pretty good time doing it. I like detectivey things, but waaaay too many take themselves seriously. It was good to see this, a savvy, self aware, but still faithful to both science and the genre (tricky in practise, trust me) show making it's way to the UK a while ago. But they never aired the next two series.

Movies wise, just watched the new Batman. Nearly lived up to the last one in scope, scale and drama but (SPOILER) I didn't like the fact he had to start up yet again half way through. Should've been split into two parts.

I'm not going to be a dick up the butt and show you where I get things illegally, and I would like to keep this thread clean of such links, but...

What're you watching, and why is it awesome?

I love Castle and I agree that it is the right mix of action and fun. Another show that I really enjoy is Person of Interest. I'm not one for conspiracy theories but the show is really well written and fast paced. The only issue I have with it is that after a few seasons the concept gets a little bit played out. The most recent episodes have done a good job of mixing things up though.

I have just started watching the "orginial" Star Trek series on Netflix and even for it being close to 40 years old, it's still entertaining. I have seen some of the movies and some of "The Next Generation" but I figured if I'm going to start watching a series, I should start at the beginning.

Castle: Because Nathan Fillian. And it's awesome. And Stana Katic (Kate Beckett). (My wife has a crush on her. Seriously.)

Bones: Mostly unrealistic presentation of CSI, yet fun anyway. And Emily Deschanel. :D

Supernatural: Good enough to be "realistic", excellent acting. No, I'm not a teenage girl.

Sherlock: Because I don't need a reason.

Grimm: See Supernatural, without the need to state that I'm not a teenage girl.

In Plain Sight: Because it's interesting.

Covert Affairs: Same, plus Piper Perabo (Annie Walker).

Castle: Because Nathan Fillian. And it's awesome. And Stana Katic (Kate Beckett). (My wife has a crush on her. Seriously.)

Bones: Mostly unrealistic presentation of CSI, yet fun anyway. And Emily Deschanel. :D

Supernatural: Good enough to be "realistic", excellent acting. No, I'm not a teenage girl.

Sherlock: Because I don't need a reason.

Grimm: See Supernatural, without the need to state that I'm not a teenage girl.

In Plain Sight: Because it's interesting.

Covert Affairs: Same, plus Piper Perabo (Annie Walker).

Love all of these except for Supernatural and Grimm because I haven't seen them

How do you not have a crush on Stana Katic?

When did I say I didn't? I said my wife did. It goes without saying that I do too. :)

Fair point. I supose your wife having a crush is also more noteworthy than you having a crush on her... I don't watch very much TV now that I am in University it is way easier/cheaper to use Netflix (and to NOT illegally access other shows... :devil:)

Fair point. I supose your wife having a crush is also more noteworthy than you having a crush on her... I don't watch very much TV now that I am in University it is way easier/cheaper to use Netflix (and to NOT illegally access other shows... :devil:)

Hulu carries a fair number of shows (not HuluPlus necessarily) for which you can watch the latest 5 episodes, usually.

• Moderators

Sons of Anarchy - sex, violence, motorcycles and women and booze. The most important things in life. I like the realism this show has, it doesn't seem to go beyond "oh wow he beated 10 guys without a sweat!". Also the nurse/doctor is cute and Genna is a badass mom.

Supernatural - sex, violence, that wonderful car they ride (Iwant IT!!!), angels, demons and everything else supernatural things I adore. I like the vampire theme. Yes they are, infact, cursed. Take that, Twilight!

Red Dwarf - an old UK show most of you younglings probably never heard of. It had cheap jokes in the beginning, but turned out really great as it progressed. It begins by everyone dying in a Space station-ship. Only survivor is Lister, last human. Rimmer, a hologram of a dead crew member and Cat, the ships mutated cat-humanoid. And of course the ships brain, Holly. Loved that show. Still watching it from time to time.

Prodigy - an underrated and low-budget thriller of a killer that tries to "convert" a gangster mob to his teachings. And he does this by killing the gangster mob's friends and family. Wonderful!

House - because he is House.

Blood Rayne - Kristanna Loken is smoking hot. And Michelle Rodriguez turns me into a teenage girl. WEEEeeee!! Michael Madsen made an appearence here too, but I barely saw him...

Warehouse 13- Because Claudia is hot, and it has an epic story line with an awesome subject.

The Walking Dead- Who doesn't love Zombies?

House- Who doesn't love House?

Various other 'reality' tv shows, Operation Repo, South Beach Tow, Lizard Lick Towing, etc.