Do frame airships even work in Tekkit?

VideoBoy

I'm building a frame airship in a single player server. It was working fine until I took it for a test run - after a few movements my client crashes and the console starts spouting shit like this:

08:33:07 [iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityCable@2c4b1932 (-37,19,-228) was not

added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@2224a128

08:33:07 [iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityCable@76633855 (-37,19,-229) was not

added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@2224a128

And I can't log back in. It just says "End of Stream". So I restart the server and my airship is still there, but all my torches and ladders are dropped as items. Nothing important broke seeing how the ship still manages to move, but then after 2 movements the same thing happens. :/

I guess I'll just have to remove every IC2 item and try again, but I kinda need them for the forcefield... I can't build this on my public server without a forcefield or it's gonna get raped by noobs with mining lasers.

I don't think it likes cables. You could try using something else to transmit power. I'm not certain, but I think transformers could would.

Nope, it bitches about the MFSU as well... There has to be a way... I refuse to believe I'm the only one who has tried to make a forcefield'ed airship. :/

EDIT: having the large minimap (X) while the airship is moving crashes the client. Just the client.

Cables arent the problem. The problem is cables connecting to certain things. There are a few random combinations it is unable to render. Try simply disconnecting your cables from each thing you have them connected to, one at a time, until it stops. (one KIND of thing at a time). If that doesnt work, disconnect two kinds of things at a time, etc.

By the way, the airship still works. Your client just doesnt know how to draw it while moving, so you crash. But when you log on, it has moved anyway.

Cables arent the problem. The problem is cables connecting to certain things. There are a few random combinations it is unable to render. Try simply disconnecting your cables from each thing you have them connected to, one at a time, until it stops. (one KIND of thing at a time). If that doesnt work, disconnect two kinds of things at a time, etc.

By the way, the airship still works. Your client just doesnt know how to draw it while moving, so you crash. But when you log on, it has moved anyway.

Now I've removed EVERY IC2 item and it still crashes my client. I replaced the nav computer with levers and timers, now it's just vanilla and RP2 items. Just my client... but what's the point of having an airship if I can't fly it? :/

As far as using computers for airships go, the RP2 computer is waaay more powerful and versatile. And hey, the bundled cable is designed to work with frames.

Nuclear reactors work, but storing the power doesn't.

I can't be assed to learn Forth and I'm pretty good with Lua. I don't care how it's controlled at this point, levers are fine; I JUST WANT IT TO STOP CRASHING MY MOTHERF***ING CLIENT EVERY TIME I TRY TO MOVE IT FOR MORE THAN 5 BLOCKS.

I've noticed the whole "Frame Airship" thing is touchy at best. It has a 50/50 chance of working and if it does, it works beautifully, if it doesn't, well, you know... Sorry I can't really be of help but have you tried to make a smaller one or one in SSP by spawning in items to use as a blueprint for your Tekkit server?

I've noticed the whole "Frame Airship" thing is touchy at best. It has a 50/50 chance of working and if it does, it works beautifully, if it doesn't, well, you know... Sorry I can't really be of help but have you tried to make a smaller one or one in SSP by spawning in items to use as a blueprint for your Tekkit server?

I'm working on a singleplayer server with creative mode. It's funny how it works just fine for moving up and down (sitting in a minecart on a boarding track of course otherwise I fall through the floor), but horizontally it fucks up my client after 5-10 blocks.

Okay, can you provide a screenshot?

Yeah:

Outside:

Top floor: (cable runs from batbox in roof to a bunch of batboxes in bottom floor)

Control room: (timers slowed down to 1500ms for testing)

Engine room: (crammed as hell but I managed to take some screenys)

1) Signs are very likely a problem. Avoid using any weird special blocks like that. Just write down the directions on a post it note in real life or something.

2) Why the hell is there a minecart in the middle of the control room? Did it not occur to you that moving fluid minecart entities around MIGHT, you know, be a bit buggy on an airship? That should have been the very first thing to go.

3) Most likely problem, actually: Get rid of ALL of those jacketed wires. Just use red alloy wire or insulated wire only (they can crawl up the sides of blocks if you put panels there, you know). The little bit where that red alloy connects the yellow jacketed to the yellow insulated? That could be your problem right there. Weird odds and ends leftovers like that graphically are a problem for frames, because when stuff moves, the game wants to disconnect them and then reconnect them, but things are moving, and it gets all confused and crashed your rendering program.

So ditch the signs, ditch the minecart, and ditch the jacketed wires.

Also:

ComputerCraft computers are usually no problem at all. DO NOT use turtles. But the computers are fine. And IMO they are vastly easier to control an airship with than forth computers. As in, like, 10 lines of code instead of 100. Levers are just fine, though, if you dont care about making it automatically go to a location.

1) Signs are very likely a problem. Avoid using any weird special blocks like that. Just write down the directions on a post it note in real life or something.

2) Why the hell is there a minecart in the middle of the control room? Did it not occur to you that moving fluid minecart entities around MIGHT, you know, be a bit buggy on an airship? That should have been the very first thing to go.

3) Most likely problem, actually: Get rid of ALL of those jacketed wires. Just use red alloy wire or insulated wire only (they can crawl up the sides of blocks if you put panels there, you know). The little bit where that red alloy connects the yellow jacketed to the yellow insulated? That could be your problem right there. Weird odds and ends leftovers like that graphically are a problem for frames, because when stuff moves, the game wants to disconnect them and then reconnect them, but things are moving, and it gets all confused and crashed your rendering program.

So ditch the signs, ditch the minecart, and ditch the jacketed wires.

Also:

ComputerCraft computers are usually no problem at all. DO NOT use turtles. But the computers are fine. And IMO they are vastly easier to control an airship with than forth computers. As in, like, 10 lines of code instead of 100. Levers are just fine, though, if you dont care about making it automatically go to a location.

I already tried #1 and #2. I had it 100% vanilla and RP2 and it still crashed. I only re-added those items after I realized they weren't the problem. Btw the minecart standing on a boarding track is there to sit on for going up, otherwise I fall down through the floor. XD

I don't think jacketed wires could be a problem since they are RP2, but what the hell, I'll try that next.

Yup, pretty much only use RedPower stuff on RedPower airships. Simples!

Oh, and the door will cause problems. Once the airship's moved some, the game has no idea where to put it.

Yeahp, I also had the door removed. Still crasholas.

You can actually put a ton of crazy crap on airships without any problems. You just need to know what kinds of crazy crap.

Basically, anything that connects to other things like pipes and stuff can be troublesome. Usually IC2 cables work fine, however (exception to that). Tubes often do not work even though they are RP.

Anything that is a tile entity (not a full block, but some other shape, like wireless, turtles,) can be troublesome, mostly when it connects to connecty things like wires or pipes

Chests other than normal vanilla and enderchests don't usually work.

Otherwise, most stuff is fine, really... I routinely have entire IC2 machine shops, force fields (they work, but you have to turn them off and on again to move position), gun turrets, etc. on board.

• 1 month later...

I'm building a frame airship in a single player server. It was working fine until I took it for a test run - after a few movements my client crashes and the console starts spouting shit like this:

And I can't log back in. It just says "End of Stream". So I restart the server and my airship is still there, but all my torches and ladders are dropped as items. Nothing important broke seeing how the ship still manages to move, but then after 2 movements the same thing happens. :/

I guess I'll just have to remove every IC2 item and try again, but I kinda need them for the forcefield... I can't build this on my public server without a forcefield or it's gonna get raped by noobs with mining lasers.

I sort of had the same problem. I had a different error like it. Try turning "Items Animated" to 'off' in Video Settings. That stopped crashing it for me.

But the computers are fine. And IMO they are vastly easier to control an airship with than forth computers. As in, like, 10 lines of code instead of 100. Levers are just fine, though, if you dont care about making it automatically go to a location.

Whut?

1 IOXSET 24 TICKS 1 IOXRST 16 TICKS ;

That's all the code you need to create "forward" for example, litterally just changing the numbers to match the colour.

32 TIMES forward

Simple?

If you want forcefields on an airship, I suggest using a set of deployers and block breakers to tear it down when moving (or rather, you need two sets - one to be active while you move and one to be active while standing still) and powering the whole thing with HV solar panels. It's possible, but not easy.

If you want forcefields on an airship, I suggest using a set of deployers and block breakers to tear it down when moving (or rather, you need two sets - one to be active while you move and one to be active while standing still) and powering the whole thing with HV solar panels. It's possible, but not easy.

Why not just toggle it onoff?

Because for some reason, it seems moving a force field projector with frame motors does not change it's designed point of origin. It's a weird bug, but that's what my experience experimenting with it is. So you need at least one deployer/block breaker to take down the forcefield projector and put it up again. I don't know if the same thing applies to the forcefield core, but that'd be easy enough to test.

If you want a constant forcefield, you'd need at least two projectors (possibly two cores too depending on the above bug), and to switch between them as you move. Like so:

FF1 is active, move, place FF2, break FF1.

FF2 is active, move, place FF1, break FF2.

etc etc etc

Yeah I only build frame quarries because they trump BC quarrys heaps (although IC miners are pretty sweet if you don't wanna tear up the world)

I think just having a forcefield on the ship will be enough, so you can activate it when you log in