Wind mill not generating power

Keep in mind the height at which the windmill is placed has an effect on it's output.

And if the cable is over 39 blocks long with no transformer or type of storage unit splitting that cable into shorter lengths you will be loosing EU that way too.

But as Silent said. A screenshot would be most helpful in pinpointing your problem.

A couple from various angles would be cool.

I think you want your windmills to be alone in a space of a 9 block radius, save for cables. I think that is correct, otherwise they won't work as intended. You can check the wiki to see specifications for this. Another problems might be that the cables are too long? Have you tried it with glass fiber if you can afford it? It might solve the problem.

The only other thing is that you don't say how long that tin cable is, over 40 blocks and you're losing 1EU/t, which would probably be half your power normally, over 80 and you'd lose pretty much all of it unless a storm was blowing.

You also want to spread the windmills out a little more as said above

Placing a bat box every few lengths of cable is a good way to minimize power loss, and also stores any excess power that builds up for later use, but if your going long distance without wanting to use bat box's then glass fiber cables are the way to go.

Yeah, looking at the screenshots, I'd say you're losing the power from the tin cables over distance. Maybe place a batbox up the top but below the windmills and run the power down with copper cable.

That would be really wasteful and silly. There's no reason to switch from ultra cheap tin cable to copper cable and batboxes every 5 blocks until you've fully used up your FULL 39 blocks of tin cable first. THEN put the first batbox down, and use copper.

I never said batboxes all the way down. That would indeed be wasteful and silly. Just the one batbox at the top. Or even an MFE or a transformer and then run Gold cable down.

And I place the Batbox directly below my lowest Windmill so that I don't have to worry about moving it around later on when I add more Windmills to the top.

I never said batboxes all the way down. That would indeed be wasteful and silly. Just the one batbox at the top. Or even an MFE or a transformer and then run Gold cable down.

And I place the Batbox directly below my lowest Windmill so that I don't have to worry about moving it around later on when I add more Windmills to the top.

That would be even MORE wasteful.

Copper cables lose one EU every 5 blocks. if you have a cable that is, let's say 60 blocks long (the whole idea was that it might be over 40), then if you just put one batbox at the top, and then copper all the way down with no other batboxes, you would be losing almost 40% of all your power... (you'd better be worrying about adding more at the top, cause you'll HAVE to add about twice as many to the top just to make up your losses)

An MFE with gold all the way down would be vastly more expensive (several diamonds and lots of gold and iron vs. like... fewer than 10 pieces of tin...), and you would still lose about 16% of all your power.

Running tin for 39 blocks, however, then a batbox, then maybe a couple more batboxes in the last 20 blocks would be still MUCH cheaper than even the full copper system, and would only lose 5-6% of power.