Fixing Thaumic Issues..?

trekky920

Just move far enough away that the chunk becomes frozen and develop your research there. Then you can move back and use the new research to cleanse the taint once and for all.

maybe. i forget why i didn't. I saved the map though because yukko and I were having fun with this 10k block long tunnel that spawned near my base as a result of betterdungeons.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I was under the impression that the blocks could infect adjacent, non-player-made blocks, hence cobblestone walls being used for containment of the physical spread, as recomended by the technic wiki, but if the blocks don't spread independantly of the atmospheric taint, then nuking wouldn't help at all, and neither wpuld the cobblestone walls. I thought that the atmospheric taint corrupted a few blocks, those blocks infected others, and so on in a chain reaction, and unless the taint itself was removed, it would keep manifesting itself through corrupting blocks, as well as leeching into other chunks. If that isn't how it works, then does the atmospheric taint creat all tainted blocks directly?

the cobbletsone thing is a temporary fix. I am not sure if that was clear or not, but player made blocks cannot be turned.

I know it's a temporary fix.

1. Assuming the blocks spread themselves in some way, as the wiki page would seem to indicate, for blocks to spread indepemndantly of the aura, they need to be next to an adjacent block.

2. If they are not next to a non corrupted corruptable block, then the infection will only spread after the aura takes the time to drain into the surrounding chunks.

3. Totems of dawn raise the vis aura.

4. One of the requirements for becoming a tainted chunk is to have a low vis concentration.

Therefore: Nuking will have the same effect as a cobblestone wall, buying you time to set up a perimeter of totems of dawn, increasing the aura of the surrounding chunks, and making it impossible for the taint to spread.