custom modpacks

ronen

First: you'll need a place to test your mod. I highly suggest MultiMC

Second: once you have everything installed and configured the way you like it and without bugs, you'll need to choose something to overwrite. Yogsbox isn't supported anymore so that's probably your best bet.

Third: Open the modpack.jar in the yogsbox/bin folder and delete everything. Copy over any jar mods into modpack.jar ONE AT A TIME. Start with Forge. Then any other API. Then Optifine. Then GLSL (if you use shaders).

Fourth: replace the minecraft.jar in the /bin/ folder with the version you want to play. You might need to replace the whole folder depending on how far back you go. Make sure to leave modpack.jar alone.

Fifth: add the rest of your mods to the mods folder.

Sixth: Select the yogsbox from the menu. If it asks to update, tell it no.

Seventh: Enjoy.

edit: you won't be able to replace the banners. They are updated when the program starts.

You'll have to actually edit the source to do that.

First: you'll need a place to test your mod. I highly suggest MultiMC

Second: once you have everything installed and configured the way you like it and without bugs, you'll need to choose something to overwrite. Yogsbox isn't supported anymore so that's probably your best bet.

Third: Open the modpack.jar in the yogsbox/bin folder and delete everything. Copy over any jar mods into modpack.jar ONE AT A TIME. Start with Forge. Then any other API. Then Optifine. Then GLSL (if you use shaders).

Fourth: replace the minecraft.jar in the /bin/ folder with the version you want to play. You might need to replace the whole folder depending on how far back you go. Make sure to leave modpack.jar alone.

Fifth: add the rest of your mods to the mods folder.

Sixth: Select the yogsbox from the menu. If it asks to update, tell it no.

Seventh: Enjoy.

edit: you won't be able to replace the banners. They are updated when the program starts.

You'll have to actually edit the source to do that.

Why would you do all of that instead of just stopping at step 1? I think what he's after is an easy way to share, publish, and promote his modpack, much in the same way that Yogbox, VoxelPack, and HackSlashMine are.

Why would you do all of that instead of just stopping at step 1? I think what he's after is an easy way to share, publish, and promote his modpack, much in the same way that Yogbox, VoxelPack, and HackSlashMine are.

In which case he needs to talk to the mod developers for permission to use their mod in his modpacks and then talk to the technic team about getting his modpack featured on the launcher.

again with the whole permissions thing....ugh

If you plan on making a public modpack, you need to get permission. In addition to not being a dick, getting and displaying your permissions means your modpack most likely doesn't have anything malicious in it. Have you seen the amount of fake mod distribution sites?

i was hoping for private modpacks as i am gonna be starting some letsplays, but other than that thanks for the input it was really helpful, its just a shame cant make the banners and ad a new modpack, maybe private custom modpacks should be a feature in a newer version of the launcher.

If you plan on making a public modpack, you need to get permission. In addition to not being a dick, getting and displaying your permissions means your modpack most likely doesn't have anything malicious in it. Have you seen the amount of fake mod distribution sites?

no, I don't. No more than making a public server and grabbing any ole plugin to make a particular experience for my users. As for the malicious bit, that's a load of horseshit that you're regurgitating as CJ's excuse for demanding people ask him for permission. Having permission has absolutely no bearing on whether a person has put malicious code into a pack.

no, I don't. No more than making a public server and grabbing any ole plugin to make a particular experience for my users. As for the malicious bit, that's a load of horseshit that you're regurgitating as CJ's excuse for demanding people ask him for permission. Having permission has absolutely no bearing on whether a person has put malicious code into a pack.

You say you don't based on your own bias.

You are legally obligated to honor each mods specific terms for distribution.

CJ has every right to demand people get permission to distribute his works. I love modpacks but the terms have changed. Things are slowly becoming more centralized but there are people like you, who are dicks about stealing, holding back the bridge between modpacks and mod developers.

You say you don't based on your own bias.

You are legally obligated to honor each mods specific terms for distribution.

CJ has every right to demand people get permission to distribute his works. I love modpacks but the terms have changed. Things are slowly becoming more centralized but there are people like you, who are dicks about stealing, holding back the bridge between modpacks and mod developers.

I'd love to see any one of the mod authors hold up their BS terms in court. This divide between the modpacks and mod authors are a direct result of the (some) mod authors being dicks. And its not stealing either. If the content is provided out to the public and a person then takes that content and adds more content without making modifications to the contents and provides due credit there is not one legal leg for the original author to stand on.

Sup dudes talking about permissions,

This is why we don't let users argue about permissions, it just breeds a poisonous environment. Let the Technic team worry about this stuff and their relationship with the mod authors, because honestly that's where it counts. And I hate to burst the bubble but no amount of rambling from anyone (including me & other blue names) is changing their viewpoint (which, I assure you, is not "be a dick to mod creators").

Respect each other, and recognize the other side of the fence exists.