Dwarf Fortress

Nethaufer

Particularly anything rated D for Dorf. those are always... informative.

you should also check out some of the old bugs, as they could be pretty entertaining. (Oh god, carp, what the high hell.)

Dwarfs also put both socks on the same foot until the one of the most recent updates. Apparently Toad had made a multi legged dwarf to test to make sure it would work. It did.

hahahaha, found the bug, apparently, carp used to be able to stand up. Or maybe it wasn't a bug!

I was actually referring to the part where Carp had a generic bite attack, were incredibly strong, and could terrify dorfs even if there was literally no way for the carp to get to them.

People had been know to lose entire immigrant parties to a single pool of carp

How do I stop flooding? I tried (minecraft knowledge) to make a dwarf mine towards water and now my whole lower floor is flooded ;-;

If you're lucky you can get a stoneworker dorf down to the leak to build a wall there and plug it up. Then you can begin the task of pumping the water out.

otherwise, you may have to abandon that part of your fort.

• 4 weeks later...

My current fort is my playground for traps, traps fucking everywhere. I have 4x 3x3 rooms leading into my base, each with doors that I can lock in case of invasion and every tile filled with weapon traps bearing 5 serrated iron disks. Once they get through that my SoldierDorf garrison waits for them. Then, after that, my Flood Room Of Death awaits.

Now...to wait until I have an invasion.

ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy

My current fort is my playground for traps, traps fucking everywhere. I have 4x 3x3 rooms leading into my base, each with doors that I can lock in case of invasion and every tile filled with weapon traps bearing 5 serrated iron disks. Once they get through that my SoldierDorf garrison waits for them. Then, after that, my Flood Room Of Death awaits.

Now...to wait until I have an invasion.

ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy

My current anti-invasion danger room is going to be a series of high speed minecarts on collision courses, loaded with various kinds of battleaxes.

I had a great Fortress, it could survive a pretty harsh invasion, mainly thanks to the fuckton of traps at the entrance. I left the last few goblins that were either injured or separated to get massacred by my Military dorfs. Good training. But, when I finally got down to the magma sea, I carelessly got both of my Miner dorfs burnt in the lava. >:( After assigning a couple of random dorfs to mining, I got so annoyed/sad at their disappointing mining rate, that the fun went away. I should probably go back to it and fix things up, but maybe some other time.

Oh, and, I sucked with mega-beasts. Every time one came from one of the 3 caves I'd encountered, I'd just leave them alone, and they'd go away. :3

All my children go missing... I would lock the bridge but my fortress needs things like wood and fish

Why not make a walled in section of your fort with some woodland in it? Also, a fishhouse would be useful for that.

I tweaked my color file to help differentiate certain colors. I spent the first month of play wondering what the hell the wiki was talking about when it stated assigned rooms would show up in a different color than available rooms.

This game rapes me, hard.

And, DAMN YOU CREATOR OF THE LAZY NOOB PACK FOR NO LINUX SUPPORT!

Most of the things in it can be pretty easily done on your own. It's just for lazy people like me, really.

Nuoah my God.

So my already Grandmaster stone detailer just finished an artifact dolomite lute that menaces with spikes of dolomite and has a scene of lutes encrusted with dolomite and got the Fey Mood bonus. So now I have a Grandmaster +4 stone detailer that smooths at a rate of like 1 per 2 ticks.