IC vs. EE

Personally, I do not have any information about added items in EE3. I only know that the hyperkinetic lens and the Destruction catalyst are being removed.

EE is getting a general overhaul. The system of energy collectors and condensers is being removed to make place for a more gratifying system.

Wow. Even though I do think EE does take the fun out of mining, to get really anything in the mod, you need a condenser.

I disagree, The condenser only lets you transform anything into anything, but not create anything new. And remember, the mod is called Equivalent Exchange, so there'll probably some way to do the same thing, only it'll be more balanced.

It's like comparing Apples and Oranges. They're both great mods. You know what Technic's foundation is? Mods which work together. There is no "best" mod. Although I don't like how cheat-y EE2 is. It definitely brings a new way of playing, but I don't like how unbalanced it is in SMP.

I like how some servers restrict EE2 items to make it fair, f.e Mk1 collectors and relays, a couple of the rings are gone (void I think? I don't really know the rings), destruction catalyst modified to obey towny rules etc.

I like IC2 as it was the first mod I learnt how to play with, and just the general tongue in cheek humour of the wiki is funny as well. EE3 with the red liquid that burns you (check out the Minecraft Forums interview with Pahimar a few months back for decent details) looks like it's gonna be a better mod than build a collector, have diamond block mansion in 2 hours.

A bit annoyed the catalyst is going, but oh well.

The thing is.... EE is like.sucking blocks.out of sun. Its much like magic. Ic is much what it says industrial. Raw freaking.stuff. Like there you have to find lava or something to convert to power for macerating and smelting. EE is okey. Take something super freaking expencive put.it out doors and charge a small staff. Then you puts that staff in a redmatter furnace and you got the same stuff that a Macetator and a furnace do. Quicker and easier.. Im accualy don't like that.. Its okay when your character I's " awrsome" but.. You don't have to waste a shit.. Exept the stuff you are building the machine of... Hope it made the stuff clearer.

I disagree, The condenser only lets you transform anything into anything, but not create anything new. And remember, the mod is called Equivalent Exchange, so there'll probably some way to do the same thing, only it'll be more balanced.

Well, I meant stuff like, if you want swiftwolf's rending gale, you need 4 dark matter, which is the same as 36 diamonds. How do you expect to get that many diamonds?

Well, I meant stuff like, if you want swiftwolf's rending gale, you need 4 dark matter, which is the same as 36 diamonds. How do you expect to get that many diamonds?

One day.

Give me one IRL day in Tekkit or Technic containing EE2 and I'll fly around nuking everything in my full gem armor and ring of arcana.

EE3 is going to be less about free stuff and more about exchanging multiple lower-tier items for one higher-tier item and vice-versa.

I would guess the recipes will be balanced to go well with the absences of collectors.