Reputation Issues

Binero

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I just signed up to ask this very one question.

Tekkit,The TechnicPack in general, have some reputation issues. What are you guys doing to fix that? Or are you just resigning to FTB? I enjoy Tekkit way more then FTB but as it seems now Tekkit won't be able to install any good mod due lack of permissions...

Since I cannot even say the work Tekkit in any YouTube comment ever without getting flamed that it sucks, that it's outdated, that it's stealing, that it's... If I invite a friend to play some Tekkit they even say I should play FTB.

I don't know what could be done about it from the dev's side. A few well-known mod makers (forestry, betterthanwolves) dislike tekkit and talk trash about it. It's contaminated the minecraft forum to the point where apparently people posting positively about tekkit get bad treatment from the moderators, and youtube is as youtube's always been - full of self-appointed experts claiming they "make a stand" while what they're really doing is just jumping another braindead bandwagon.

Personally, I think the best thing the technic devs can do is just continue to release a modpack that is as good as it can be. In the kind of loose community that modding is, in the long run pure quality can often offset bad PR. If the amount of permissions they get drop so low the quality starts to seriously suffer, they might want to reconsider their stance on "permission mods only" - the only real reasons to have such a standard is because of personal conviction and because of relations with users and mod developers; if the last get wrecked regardless, the first might matter less.

It's really sad to see more and more of the modding community going towards a more closed standard. Only some years ago, there was little profit possible in modding (regardless of game) and the number of "asshole modders" where, as far as I know, lower. And the mods where still high-quality.

I enjoy Tekkit way more then FTB but as it seems now Tekkit won't be able to install any good mod due lack of permissions...

All mods currently in Tekkit have permissions to be in Tekkit. The Technic Team just doesn't cater to demands to "show proof" and whore out their private relationships & dealings with modders to the cancerous whiny demanding zombie masses with an entitlement complex.

I play Tekkit instead of FTB because:

• Bukkit. I refuse to play on vanilla servers because of hacking. Sooner or later someone will make a hacking client for it and I would love to see vanilla admins try and catch them then.
  • Annoying ores. FTB doesn't unify ores the way Tekkit does, so there are 3 kinds of every new ore.
  • No frames. RP2 frames are my favorite item in all of Minecraft modding.

I do like a lot of the stuff in FTB, particularly the extended biomes and Mystcraft, but singleplayer gets boring.

I play Tekkit instead of FTB because:

• Bukkit. I refuse to play on vanilla servers because of hacking. Sooner or later someone will make a hacking client for it and I would love to see vanilla admins try and catch them then.
  • Annoying ores. FTB doesn't unify ores the way Tekkit does, so there are 3 kinds of every new ore.
  • No frames. RP2 frames are my favorite item in all of Minecraft modding.

I do like a lot of the stuff in FTB, particularly the extended biomes and Mystcraft, but singleplayer gets boring.

If you are annoyed by the ores in FTB, you should play DNS ;)

If you are annoyed by the ores in FTB, you should play DNS ;)

Yeah, DNS is goddamn horrible from that perspective. And others. I think there's less ore bloat in latest version, as half the mods are 1.2.5 only, but it's still a lot (and since it lost all the interesting mods that tekkit lacks, like betterfarming, there's no real reason to use it anymore rather than tekkit+forestry).

Yeah, DNS is goddamn horrible from that perspective. And others. I think there's less ore bloat in latest version, as half the mods are 1.2.5 only, but it's still a lot (and since it lost all the interesting mods that tekkit lacks, like betterfarming, there's no real reason to use it anymore rather than tekkit+forestry).

Oh no the latest version is way too bloated regarding ores and mobs.