Modpacks not loading

xapz

So I recently found technic because I wanted to try out the counter craft mod. So I downloaded the launcher and the normal minecraft. I launched the 1.8, 1.6.4, 1.5.2, and all the other latest ones just incase it needed the versions for the mods. I then went onto the technic launcher and downloaded the counter craft official mod with 2 million runs and it downloaded with no issues but I went to launch it and at the bottom it said everything was fine and then It said "downloading minecraft assets 0%" and then "launches" at 0%, it closed technic and then around 2 seconds later it re launches the technic launcher. I turned the ram all the way down and I cant get it to work. Do I have to launch any other specific things to get mods to work or could I just download a single mod and be able to start it? I also don't have the best computer or internet connection atm because I'm on vacation, would that be the cause of the issue?

• Moderators

we have this thing called Launcher Bug Report when users encounters a bug, thats when something doesn't work, so that you can report it there.

We also don't need to download several different Minecraft versions of Minecraft to make a modpack work. That defeats the entire purpose of the Launcher.

It's a simple one-click-to-play. Click the modpack you like on the Launcher. Click Install. Let it install. Click Play and you can play the modpack. Magic!

I admit, that was 3 clicks to play a modpack, but my point still stands.