How to update forge?

merp59

I'm using the "Forge 1.12.2 Official" modpack and I'm trying to add some mods and every time I load it up it says something along the lines of "Please remove [insert some mod here] or update forge to 14.23.5.2770 and I have NO CLUE how to do that. I've looked up videos and articles and the sorts and haven't found ANYTHING for technic. PLEASE help. It has been hours. I need this step by step because I have no idea how to do almost anything besides add mods.

Go to the forge website and download the universal forge.jar rename it to modpack.jar go to the bin folder of your modpack there should be a jar of the same name replace the modpack.jar that was already in the folder then replace it with the forge that you renamed to modpack.jar and then it should be updated!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/4/2019 at 8:53 PM, KingLazarusOG said:

I'm trying to do the same thing with a 1.7.10 pack, and when I load in the newly named modpack.jar file, it just crashes as soon as it hits the main menu

Do you have any crash report to show us? You can found them into your modpack folder itself inside the technic folder.